Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-15-2014, 03:04 PM   #1
Forum Member

Q7 and toshiba flashair card

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Toshiba flashair WiFi SD cards? All searches turn up only Japanese websites. I noticed in blunty's YouTube review he is using one but makes no mention of its performance with the q7.

12-15-2014, 04:58 PM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gt6plus Quote
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Toshiba flashair WiFi SD cards? All searches turn up only Japanese websites. I noticed in blunty's YouTube review he is using one but makes no mention of its performance with the q7.
I use a 16GB Class 10 Toshiba FlashAir card with my Q7 and have found it works well. (Also fine on the K10, K5iis). You may already know this but I'm pretty sure you can't transfer RAW over the wireless. I'm also not sure if it's the card or the Q7 but using RAW+ slows writing much more than my K5
12-15-2014, 05:14 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Better than Eye-Fi

My experience is that the Toshiba Flashair is a lot better than the Mobi Eye-Fi. For one thing you can select what photos to download rather than everything with Eye-Fi.

Be warned though. The Q batteries are small so wi-fi puts extra drain on your precious battery.

I've bought extra Toshiba FlashAir but would never buy Eye-Mobi again.

My two cents.
12-16-2014, 08:38 PM   #4

Hi, I am using the 32GB Class10 FlashAir Card. The class 10's are slightly different. You can transfer almost anything with the flash card , videos , RAW, etc. it's a lot more useful tgan the eye-go cards.

Also, about the battery issue, by default the card turns on the wireless as soon as the camera is turned on and will turn it off after a set amount that you can specify , default is 5 minutes.

However, that doesn't work well as I have turn the Q on and off all the time or I may be shooting for a while but don't need to transfer anything by wireless just yet.

What you can do is use Toshiba's software for the card that you can download or connect to the cards admin page, and set it to turn the wireless only when you "protect" a specific image file. By defult there is a image included on the card that is there that it is set to, though you can use any image.

This works great as now it works as a regular SD card but you can turn the wifi in as needed and not worry about battery or it being using power every time you use the camera.

12-17-2014, 05:53 AM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks for your insight. It sounds like these cards are worth a try. I have just pulled the trigger on a 16gb card.
12-17-2014, 03:53 PM   #6

Photos: Gallery
B&H has the 32GB Aircard now for $32. A dollar a gig. I just bought.
12-23-2014, 05:44 PM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster

Got the card yesterday and got it up and running quickly. So far I am happy with it.

Last edited by gt6plus; 12-23-2014 at 08:33 PM.
12-24-2014, 06:47 AM   #8
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by knightzerox Quote
Hi, I am using the 32GB Class10 FlashAir Card. The class 10's are slightly different. You can transfer almost anything with the flash card , videos , RAW, etc. it's a lot more useful tgan the eye-go cards.

Also, about the battery issue, by default the card turns on the wireless as soon as the camera is turned on and will turn it off after a set amount that you can specify , default is 5 minutes.

However, that doesn't work well as I have turn the Q on and off all the time or I may be shooting for a while but don't need to transfer anything by wireless just yet.

What you can do is use Toshiba's software for the card that you can download or connect to the cards admin page, and set it to turn the wireless only when you "protect" a specific image file. By defult there is a image included on the card that is there that it is set to, though you can use any image.

This works great as now it works as a regular SD card but you can turn the wifi in as needed and not worry about battery or it being using power every time you use the camera.
Is there a setting you have to tweak to be able to transfer RAW and video files?

12-24-2014, 09:13 AM   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by PANGU_yien Quote
Is there a setting you have to tweak to be able to transfer RAW and video files?
No, the card just acts as a wireless hard drive. You should be able to see your files with their updated app or hitting the cards webpage at 192.168.1.1 I believe.