Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-18-2014, 09:58 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Looking for Q RAW Lens Correction Profiles .lcp

Hello Q world...

I find myself using jpg on the Q instead of RAW, as I don't have any lens correction profiles for the Q, and the distortion and such bothers me. I know (or have been told) that LR has profiles for the Q, but I am using Rawtherapee - which can use .lcp - home made or from Adobe... Has anyone made lens correction profiles for the Q? Or do I have to make an attempt at it? I'm using 01, 02 and 06 lenses... Other than the lcp problem, I'm happy enough using Rawtherapee and gimp for my photos... Haven't found the need for corrections using my k-5 and M lenses...

Thanks....

12-18-2014, 10:44 AM   #2
dms
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
These are approximate values for PhotoShop Lens Correction (Filter)
01 +5
02 at 5mm +9.5 at 7mm +4 (elsewhere use linear relationship)
04 wide (about) +10 [I had a value of 9 and 11--did not refine]
Really easy to do. Just photograph a target w/ strong horizontal lines (like a window blind) making sure camera is normal to the target and level, and then open raw file in software and adjust (vary correction) till the lines are straight, and note/save the correction values.
12-18-2014, 11:53 AM   #3

02 and 06 can be got from the Adobe program. I use those. I'd also like to know how to make them as I use an 08. Fortunately it doesn't need much correcting and I currently use it without a profile.
I use Linux so am a bit more stuck.
12-18-2014, 03:13 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Create your own Lens Profiles but the software is only for windows or mac. Time to fire up an emulator, maybe.

12-18-2014, 03:58 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I too use rawtherapee. Mostly I use the 01 (or something adapted). I've always thought I should get or make a profile, but for the momemt I use the simple distortion correction set to -0.067, which is usually good enough. (Same simple correction type as the photoshop filter presumably.) For the 06 it varies quite a bit, and at least sometimes simple corrections are very disappointing as I recall.

If someone makes (or makes available) proper profiles that would be lovely.
12-20-2014, 12:33 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I keep meaning to make a few profiles, but never seem to have the time... At some point I did have the lens profile creator going under Linux/wine - I think... At least that's how I remember it!