Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2014, 06:56 AM - 2 Likes   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Breaking in my Q7

Getting started with Q photography again! I have missed my old Q for so long, but the Q7 has fixed that! Here we go with the 02 and 01.

Q7 does macro! (with a little help from a Raynox 150)

Gloucester Point, Va pier

Another macro

Rainy walk in the park

An old home near us.

Rainy walk in the park

Merry Christmas!

Lee

12-26-2014, 07:24 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcoming me back to The Q! Happy Boxing Day.
12-26-2014, 09:35 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome back and some very nice shots. I like the lead in to the leaf covered walkway/bridge. It looks very inviting. I also like the last water shot. I will steal a copy of the house as it has the missing clapboards which is a detail we attempt to represent in our modeling work and that house is a good example. With the discolored paint in that area and the wood decay it appears that there may have been another small structure attached to the house there which has been removed.

For whatever reason you got away from the Q you may find some of those issues resolved by the Q7.
12-27-2014, 02:30 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Welcoming me back to The Q! Happy Boxing Day.
Thank you and Happy Boxing Day!

---------- Post added 12-27-14 at 04:44 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by CWRailman Quote
Welcome back and some very nice shots. I like the lead in to the leaf covered walkway/bridge. It looks very inviting. I also like the last water shot. I will steal a copy of the house as it has the missing clapboards which is a detail we attempt to represent in our modeling work and that house is a good example. With the discolored paint in that area and the wood decay it appears that there may have been another small structure attached to the house there which has been removed.

For whatever reason you got away from the Q you may find some of those issues resolved by the Q7.
Thank you, Denny. I walked back up to the house and took a few more pictures. They are posted below with minimal editing (mostly lightening the shadows and straightening things up). I opened it in Google maps. Google comes up with 6973 State Rte 1307 Hayes, VA 23072 but the house is on Crewe Road and appears there on Google Maps. When I dropped a pin to get a house number it came up with the 6973 State Route address. Hopefully some of this will assist in your modeling.

We recently moved up here and had our retirement home built. I have become taken with photographing the old abandoned homes. I like to imagine the lives, children, and dreams that grew from them. Best wishes for a Happy New Year!

Lee

Front

Left Side

Back

Right Side

12-27-2014, 07:05 PM   #5
Veteran Member

You have a great eye! Lovely shots! :-)
12-27-2014, 08:31 PM   #6

Photos: Gallery
Excellent shots!
12-28-2014, 07:13 AM   #7
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you all for the kind words. I'm use Photoshop Elements for post processing but I'm slowly switching to Raw Therapee and GIMP. I can't say enough about the Raynox 150 diopter. It comes with a goofy one size fits all adapter but the diopter itself has 43mm threads. So I ordered a 40.5 to 43mm step-up ring ($3.00) and it fits, looks, and works perfectly on all of the Q lenses. Happy New Year to all!

Lee
12-28-2014, 07:21 AM - 1 Like   #8
Veteran Member

I love that shot of the house in the OP!

12-28-2014, 10:58 AM   #9
Site Supporter

Thanks Lee for the original as well as the supplemental photo's of that house. I have posted this thread to one of the structure building forums I participate in. https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/finescaleminiatures/conversations/messages/24535
Thanks again for going back and taking the additional photo's.