Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
11-05-2015, 04:44 AM   #31
Veteran Member

I disagree that the Q lenses are better than the MX-1 lens.. They are good, but not better. And frankly I shoot RAW, so OOC without pp is irrelevant to me. The camera colelcts the raw materials which I use to finish the image.
I actually don't need high ISO with the Q, it's not that sort of camera for me although ISO 800 is still good. And here, in rural Australia, there is no chance to get my hands on anything with a PENTAX logo unless I buy it online
Bottom line [for me] is that the original Q produces excellent results and succeeds at being a fun yet serious micro mirrorless interchangeable lens camera

11-05-2015, 05:08 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
i agree to all your points except, the lenses... cant be.... Q lenses are way more dedicated and if you put a Q02 in direct comparison with the MXes optics, you will see that is sharper overall... even at the borders such a combo delivers pretty good.
Have a look at:
Studio shot comparison: Digital Photography Review

and compare the MX-1 with the Q7(it should be nearly the same sensor as in your MX-1 and in the Q-S1)
11-05-2015, 07:04 AM   #33
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
I disagree that the Q lenses are better than the MX-1 lens.. They are good, but not better. And frankly I shoot RAW, so OOC without pp is irrelevant to me. The camera colelcts the raw materials which I use to finish the image.
I actually don't need high ISO with the Q, it's not that sort of camera for me although ISO 800 is still good. And here, in rural Australia, there is no chance to get my hands on anything with a PENTAX logo unless I buy it online
Bottom line [for me] is that the original Q produces excellent results and succeeds at being a fun yet serious micro mirrorless interchangeable lens camera
Steve, whats OOC and pp?
11-05-2015, 07:16 AM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Out of camera, post processing

11-05-2015, 08:00 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by patarok Quote
like this shot of my rusty raven in the garden... i made it with a Q-S1 with a Q02 Standard Zoom at 5mm...WIDE OPEN!!!
it its straight out of cam... i wouldnt call this a bad shot.(yeah i maybe should have used a corrected flash to lighten up the raven a bit but i like atmospheric images...)

look:
Certain lenses seem to work better with certain sized sensors. The 02 lens got mixed reviews which resulted in a less than stellar reputation when used on the Q or the Q10 but seems to come alive when used on the Q7. In shooting JPG and not using any post processing, I much prefer the results I get from the 02 lens on my Q7's than what I was able to achieve with the earlier Q's.

As I have noted in other threads, at one point I had a Q, a Q10 and my first Q7 here all at the same time. I did extensive testing and highly magnified pixel peeping on the subjects I was interested in using the camera for. I did this because I later recommended the Q series to people who read my hobby related WEB page and periodic blog. In all cases the images out of the Q7 were sharper and better defined. For my use I found the Q7 to be an improvement over the earlier versions and it was the primary reason I purchased another one to share the 01, 02 and 06 lenses that I accumulated. (Actually at one point there were three Q7's here but one has since been adopted by another member of this board.)
11-05-2015, 02:08 PM   #36
Veteran Member

i agree to all your points except, the lenses... cant be.... Q lenses are way more dedicated and if you put a Q02 in direct comparison with the MXes optics, you will see that is sharper overall... even at the borders such a combo delivers pretty good.
compare the MX-1 with the Q7(it should be nearly the same sensor as in your MX-1 and in the Q-S1)
Same sensor size means little except they share similar resolutions and file sizes..
Being 'dedicated' lenses as you put it, doesn't equate to superior IQ in reality. The MX-1 lens is crystal sharp, corner to corner at all apertures, it's renowned for this - I can't ask for more than this in a lens. The Q's 01 and 06 are great, but not as sharp. (I won't mention the silly 05 .. oops, I just did ) I don't have an 02.
Anyway, it seems with are both happy so little need to continue discussing the points.
11-05-2015, 03:41 PM   #37
Veteran Member

i give up on you. Really! Just compare... and compare the lenses when shot with a Q7 or Q-S1 body... nothing more to say... no more answers to expect.

just... ah... nevermind. forget it. MX-1 is wow. Q lenses are crap.. understood. cherioh!

Farewell!

11-05-2015, 03:53 PM   #38
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
i give up on you. Really! Just compare... and compare the lenses when shot with a Q7 or Q-S1 body... nothing more to say... no more answers to expect.

just... ah... nevermind. forget it. MX-1 is wow. Q lenses are crap.. understood. cherioh!

Farewell!
I have been very pleased with the pictures I've taken using my Q-7 + 01 and 06 lenses.
Others here have posted some very good pictures.
I'm sorry that your experience has been different.
11-05-2015, 06:39 PM   #39
Veteran Member

Farewell!
Over reacting because I don't agree with you - much?
Re read what I said. I never once said Q lenses are crap, that's all your head. I respect your opinion but at the end of the day my experience obviously differs. Which is why I ended with " it seems with are both happy "
Have a good day
11-06-2015, 04:55 AM   #40
Veteran Member

i end up with saying i am happy that you know my head so good. At least one of us does. When i have problems i'll PN you OK?