Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-02-2015, 09:50 AM - 3 Likes   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
A Happy New Owner

As I noted in previous posts I gave away two Q10ís as Christmas presents. Here is one of the happy recipients.

Hopefully he will soon be using it to take shots of his model railroad similar to this one which I shot during my visit.

This shot was taken by placing the camera into a position you could not have gotten a bigger camera in and no human could even see without using a mirror and even using such it would be difficult. The camera was on autofocus for obvious reasons and as with all such shots. This one was taken with the self timer. Distance from the Pack Saddle Gap station to that painted mountain in the background is about 5 feet.

By the way, for those of you who might have heard the term "high ball" and wonder how it got started, that ball in the upper part of this photo is how that term originated. It was a railroad signaling system used before the turn of the century and continued by some rural railroads up until the 1930's. Trains coming up to the station had to stop if the ball was down but if the ball was raised they could just "high Ball" straight through without stopping.

01-02-2015, 01:29 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

FWIW, if you're not handholding the camera, you can probably get away with not doing autoalign/ghost removal in whatever HDR software you presumably used. Then you won't end up with the weird glowing borders and dark shapes and so on.