Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2015, 10:01 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Pentax 110 adapters?

I plan to buy adapter for Pentax Auto 110 lenses (for the 18 mm lens and, maybe, also 70 mm lens). I see that at least two types of generic adapters exists. So I would be gratefull, if someone has an could share any recommendations on this (infinity focus/past infinity focus is one thing particuraily important).

01-10-2015, 10:36 AM   #2
Pentaxian

I've seen a couple of different names on them, but the ones I've seen (in pictures) all look exactly the same to the one I've got. Do you have any links to those you think are different?
01-10-2015, 12:06 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A 110 > Q adapter should not cause infinity focus errors-- it merely adds a 17.8mm spacer between the body and lens mount surfaces to accommodate the difference in registration distance.

However, the lens itself may be miss-calibrated. That shouldn't be an issue since all adapted lenses will require manual focus anyway.

If you intend to rely on the infinity stop rather than the focus screen you could pre-calibrate the lens and place an index mark on the lens barrel. Perhaps even tape it in place for a given session.
01-10-2015, 02:05 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies!

QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
I've seen a couple of different names on them, but the ones I've seen (in pictures) all look exactly the same to the one I've got. Do you have any links to those you think are different?
Voila:

Kipon K2500 Pentax 110 Lens Adapter TO Pentax Q Camera | eBay

and:

Pentax 110 PTX110 Lens TO Pentax Q10 K01 Q7 A6000 Camera Adapter Thumb UP Black | eBay

I'm asking mainly, beacuse I saw quite many generic adapters for different mirrorless cameras, using which I have to set the lenses to 2-3 meters on the distance scale to have real infinity which also means meaningful shift of minimum distance that can be used (with lenses that have "infinity hard stop" corectly calibrated on K-mount cameras).

Last edited by Piotrek K; 01-10-2015 at 02:11 PM.
01-10-2015, 02:42 PM   #5
Site Supporter

I have the ptx110 adapter and it works fine. A lensbaby aperture disc will slip in and allow closing the lens down for greater sharpness. Friction fits perfectly.
thanks
barondla
01-10-2015, 04:58 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
I have the ptx110 adapter and it works fine. A lensbaby aperture disc will slip in and allow closing the lens down for greater sharpness. Friction fits perfectly.
thanks
barondla
Yes, exactly, lensbaby discs. I have the same one (except with Fotodiox name on it). I'm sure the Kipon is fine also, but maybe those discs won't fit so perfectly if you plan on using them...
01-11-2015, 12:37 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies! They are really useful or me.
01-11-2015, 09:49 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Loose Q-to-? adapter mounts

I've seen a few posts questioning loose/sloppy adapter mount rings.

I just received a Fotodiox brand PK-Q adapter that had a LOT of play in the mount. On inspection I discovered that the three small screws that hold the bayonet mount ring to the adapter were loose.

Snugging them up tight and placing a drop of thread sealer on 'em fixed the problem. There's no spring tension on this ring so over tightened screws may cause friction or binding problems when attaching or detaching the lens. Cellophane tape, or even a layer of acrylic fingernail polish, used as a shim may fix that problem as well.

02-19-2015, 04:56 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
PTX110-P/Q adapter - perfect infinity focus

I finally got the adapter and it has perfect infinity focus with my P-110 24 mm lens (setting the lens at infinity mark results in sharp images of far/infinity objects). It has Pixco brand name on the box (and the hologram). But I think the same item is sold under some other "brands" and as no name unit also (with "PTX110-P/Q" printed on them).

Thanks for all the replies!