Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
01-15-2015, 01:58 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
Look, I have had the 06 for over two years, it's fine. Yes the focus ring is a little sloppy but so are the others. The build quality is fine IMHO.
In that case, you could help those of us who are contemplating the lens
by adding your dissenting opinion to the online reviews here.

01-15-2015, 02:14 PM - 1 Like   #32
Veteran Member

My review is on file.

What a solid addition to the Q system. Excellent reach and a fast lens. IQ is excellent and the f2.8 throughout its range made shooting pro soccer fun, even in poor light. What a tight little package the Q + 06 make. It's pretty sharp throughout its range. AF is fast with consistently solid locks. Bokeh is even pretty good, especially for a zoom. The body is all plastic and while my copy doesn't give the feeling that it will break when extending, it is less robust than my 01 or 02. All in all, it's a solid addition. Who would have believed a 85-250 f2.8 with AF could be had for $255!

Read more at: SMC Pentax-Q 06 Telephoto Zoom 15-45mm F2.8 Reviews - Q-Mount Zoom Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
01-15-2015, 02:25 PM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
My review is on file.

What a solid addition to the Q system. Excellent reach and a fast lens. IQ is excellent and the f2.8 throughout its range made shooting pro soccer fun, even in poor light. What a tight little package the Q + 06 make. It's pretty sharp throughout its range. AF is fast with consistently solid locks. Bokeh is even pretty good, especially for a zoom. The body is all plastic and while my copy doesn't give the feeling that it will break when extending, it is less robust than my 01 or 02. All in all, it's a solid addition. Who would have believed a 85-250 f2.8 with AF could be had for $255!
And the colors!!
01-15-2015, 02:33 PM   #34

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
And the colors!!
Ha! That made me giggle. Monochrome commenting on colours!

Well I've had my 06 for over a year,still like new. Fantastic pics for what it is. The best pic I have was taken with it.

J

01-15-2015, 02:35 PM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
And the colors!!
I selected that photo because of the colors in the seats and uniforms. Very little was done to that photo as I recall.
01-15-2015, 03:05 PM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jethro10 Quote
Ha! That made me giggle. Monochrome commenting on colours
Five Shades of Grey?
01-15-2015, 03:14 PM   #37
Forum Member

About the 'insiders' thing in the title - is there anyone from Ricoh/Pentax on these forums? My impression was that it's all enthusiasts, but not official staff whatsoever.

01-15-2015, 04:05 PM   #38

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Antonio- sometimes manufacturers have staff that monitor forums for feedback and various other info who may/maynot post........occasionally you get an enthusiast who is also an employee that might be privy to inside info- so it doesn't hurt to ask...........we may just get lucky and get a Pentax insider who has a nickname that isn't traceable to them.

I won't say which- but there was a forum I was a member of and we had a Canon insider that revealed small things- it was awesome as he'd post pending developments that always became as stated- I rarely go on that forum as it's more of a video forum than anything else.....was hoping for the same luck here.

As a side note: Samsung has been using this strategy as of late and has released new firmware for their new top of the line NX1 (something like that) of which was stated they'd been listening to users requests via forums and promises more firmware updates as they really want to be a big player in the mirrorless market which they've recently stated will outsell DSLR's in 3 years!

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/7808127857/ces-2015-samsung-interview-mirro...in-three-years
01-15-2015, 05:43 PM   #39
Forum Member

I was only stating my impression, Steve! It's logical for folks to assume that company X will at least look at a forum that is devoted to them. But my experience has been that it seldom happens, and Japan remains much more of an island (!) in this global world than almost any country I can think of (I wouldn't discount that Ricoh would look at this if this were a Japan-based forum).
01-18-2015, 09:51 PM   #40
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
LOL! I did, I even quoted it!

Look, I have had the 06 for over two years, it's fine. Yes the focus ring is a little sloppy but so are the others. The build quality is fine IMHO. And the locking barrel, what's wrong with that?
People just love to find fault and complain.
I agree 100% especially with the last statement and considering how many photographers use a focusing ring these days the point seems mute.