Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
03-05-2015, 11:51 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
You will get an ID in the lens forums for sure so post there is you haven't already. I don't know what that mount is.
Thanks for suggestion, it has me curious now. I didn't get to post today since I c

My elderly neighbor gave me that lens along with three others that were for a Sears KS 500. Sometimes I help his wife out with errands and such. When he seen I had an interest in cameras he was quite happy to show off his vintage collection. Since I won't let them pay me for helping them from time to time him and his wife gave me the Sears kit. The original owner may have thought that since it had a bayonet type mount it was part of that set. I know he does not have any Canon cameras. He had an Olympus OM-1, a Kodak Pony, a Brownie, and a Pentax set. And various point and shoot film cameras He wants to see the Q and how it can use different lenses with the adapter. He is a bit amused that the 'girl' next door has a camera and lens collection.

03-06-2015, 09:24 AM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
Thanks for suggestion, it has me curious now. I didn't get to post today since I c

My elderly neighbor gave me that lens along with three others that were for a Sears KS 500. Sometimes I help his wife out with errands and such. When he seen I had an interest in cameras he was quite happy to show off his vintage collection. Since I won't let them pay me for helping them from time to time him and his wife gave me the Sears kit. The original owner may have thought that since it had a bayonet type mount it was part of that set. I know he does not have any Canon cameras. He had an Olympus OM-1, a Kodak Pony, a Brownie, and a Pentax set. And various point and shoot film cameras He wants to see the Q and how it can use different lenses with the adapter. He is a bit amused that the 'girl' next door has a camera and lens collection.
Have you seen his work that he produced with his cameras? I think that would be cool to see.
03-06-2015, 12:30 PM   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Have you seen his work that he produced with his cameras? I think that would be cool to see.
He mentioned that he used to get nice photos from one of the cameras. A couple of the older cameras he just collected and kept. He has a large room that I have not seen that his wife said was 'stuffed' with all sorts of his collecting. Before I bought the K3 I did take a cute cell phone pic of their dog and gave them a framed print of it. Again they were tickled by the fact a cell phone could take a photo and make a print in less than an hr. Since the dog is a little chihuahua the print is almost life sized. Ha ha
03-06-2015, 01:00 PM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
This is the Tou /Five star MC Auto Macro Zoom 1:4.5 75-205mm .
Fairly obvious that a lens that has Canon rear lens cap would have to be a Canon mount... This is the first iteration of the Canon FD breech-lock mount, you'd line up the lens with the body mount, turn the locking ring on the lens to secure it to the camera.

If this is the only Canon FD mount lens that you have, I wouldn't bother getting an adapter for the Q. The FD mount lenses are generally cheaper than the K-mount lenses because it's a dead system but with the advent of m43 cameras, prices have been on the rise.

03-06-2015, 01:19 PM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by excanonfd Quote
Fairly obvious that a lens that has Canon rear lens cap would have to be a Canon.
Stranger things have happened. Thanks for the ID.
03-06-2015, 09:12 PM   #36
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by excanonfd Quote
Fairly obvious that a lens that has Canon rear lens cap would have to be a Canon mount... This is the first iteration of the Canon FD breech-lock mount, you'd line up the lens with the body mount, turn the locking ring on the lens to secure it to the camera.

If this is the only Canon FD mount lens that you have, I wouldn't bother getting an adapter for the Q. The FD mount lenses are generally cheaper than the K-mount lenses because it's a dead system but with the advent of m43 cameras, prices have been on the rise.
I thought maybe it was but I figured it was possible since he collects all kinds of things that he could of found any rear cap/ lens cap that fit on it and used it. I visited with those neighbors today and they ask me how " it worked for the photos to go from the camera to the PC and then to print one". They have never owned a computer, desktop or otherwise.