Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2015, 10:08 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The Q7 goes cruising #2

We spent a day in Ft. Lauderdale before boarding our ship (Oasis of the Seas) Here are 2 from the Q7 and the 08 lens:

Here is one from a sunset departure with the 02 at 15mm:

01-17-2015, 11:35 PM   #2

Nice! We are going on a cruise in a ouple weeks and I'm about 85% decided to take the Q10 and leave my K50 at home just because of convinience and the fact that you can get some great pictures with the Q cameras.

Ironically, I recognize the hotel. My family stayed there the last time we went on a cruise.
01-18-2015, 01:20 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TedW Quote
Nice! We are going on a cruise in a ouple weeks and I'm about 85% decided to take the Q10 and leave my K50 at home just because of convinience and the fact that you can get some great pictures with the Q cameras.

Ironically, I recognize the hotel. My family stayed there the last time we went on a cruise.
Thanks Ted, I did take the K3 along but rarely took it along of the ship and never on long walks. Used it mostly on board for the shows. BTW, that is a nice hotel and very reasonable priced.

Take care,
01-18-2015, 08:25 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
We spent a day in Ft. Lauderdale before boarding our ship (Oasis of the Seas) Here are 2 from the Q7 and the 08 lens:
I especially like your picture of the flowers.

Normally i would think of using a macro for that kind of a picture.
Have you found no need for macro capability with this sensor?

01-19-2015, 08:07 AM   #5

You're in my neck of the woods.......I've never seen another person using a Q- would be cool to see one.
01-19-2015, 10:39 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Nice shooting Heinrich

QuoteOriginally posted by TedW Quote
I took only my Q7 and a canon P&S on my last cruise, I was very happy I didn't take the K30. The small cameras got great images and saved me from lugging around all the big equipment. Plus the small cameras are always with me and ready to shoot and the K30 would have been in the room during much of the trip.
01-19-2015, 02:24 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I especially like your picture of the flowers.

Normally i would think of using a macro for that kind of a picture.
Have you found no need for macro capability with this sensor?
Reh, the 08 lens focuses very close but is no substitute for a true macro lens.

---------- Post added 01-19-15 at 02:27 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by SteveNunez Quote
You're in my neck of the woods.......I've never seen another person using a Q- would be cool to see one.
Steve, we were in your neck of the woods for a couple of days prior to our cruise, back home now where luckily we seem to have a mild winter. so far.

---------- Post added 01-19-15 at 02:32 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by hnikesch Quote
Nice shooting Heinrich

I took only my Q7 and a canon P&S on my last cruise, I was very happy I didn't take the K30. The small cameras got great images and saved me from lugging around all the big equipment. Plus the small cameras are always with me and ready to shoot and the K30 would have been in the room during much of the trip.
I debated whether I should take the K3 and in the end I did take it. For some applications, like theater at night one can't beat the larger sensor and better high iso performance. It left the ship only once, in Labadee, Haiti I had something in mind for it.