Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-18-2015, 05:50 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The Q7 goes cruising #3 at the theater

The first one is with the 01, all others with the 06, all iso 800 and lenses wide open.

This show is called: "come fly with me". It's action packed and very fast moving
and impossible to photograph with what equipment I have. So, here are some images from the slower sections.

01-18-2015, 07:23 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You ended up with some amazing captures. What a treat to get to see some of this show through your eyes. Thanks!
01-18-2015, 07:33 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
The first one is with the 01, all others with the 06, all iso 800 and lenses wide open.

This show is called: "come fly with me". It's action packed and very fast moving
and impossible to photograph with what equipment I have. So, here are some images from the slower sections.
Great shots!! I see that you underexposed by one stop or more. Was that instead of using a different ISO or to improve color saturation. I have admired many of your Q images. They seem to fly in the face of the detractors who have problems taking good images with their Q series cameras. Thanks for taking the time to share your exploits with us.
01-18-2015, 08:14 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
These are very enjotyable.
Thank you for posting them!

I notice that you did some PP using PhotoShop.
Do you remember what particular changes you made?

01-19-2015, 08:08 AM   #5

These are just superb captures- well done!
01-19-2015, 10:32 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Nicely done Heinrich, I have been there trying to shoot a cruise performance, you are correct it isn't easy
01-19-2015, 02:40 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
These are very enjotyable.
Thank you for posting them!

I notice that you did some PP using PhotoShop.
Do you remember what particular changes you made?
Reh, thank you and you are welcome. As for particular changes, I don't now. I process every thing in Adobe ARC and only fine tune in Photoshop CC. Sometimes the images are almost out of camera and sometimes they get substantial going overs, it just depends .......

---------- Post added 01-19-15 at 02:52 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by chemtech Quote
You ended up with some amazing captures. What a treat to get to see some of this show through your eyes. Thanks!
Thank you, glad that you liked them.

QuoteOriginally posted by CWRailman Quote
Great shots!! I see that you underexposed by one stop or more. Was that instead of using a different ISO or to improve color saturation. I have admired many of your Q images. They seem to fly in the face of the detractors who have problems taking good images with their Q series cameras. Thanks for taking the time to share your exploits with us.
In most situations I expose for the highlights, once they are blown they are gone. I bring the shadows up and if necessary denoise them a bit. In these theater images I try to recreate the scene as I remember it, not at what is necessarily "correct".

QuoteOriginally posted by SteveNunez Quote
These are just superb captures- well done!
Thank you kindly dear sir.

QuoteOriginally posted by hnikesch Quote
Nicely done Heinrich, I have been there trying to shoot a cruise performance, you are correct it isn't easy
Thank you Hans, I try on every cruise, sometimes it works better than others.

Take care every one.