Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-18-2015, 07:21 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Problem of using the Q series in bright sun light solved

With some degree of interest I have read about some Q series camera users having trouble with using their Qs in bright sun light. While I live in the Valley of the Sun, where SPF 100 sun screen is considered normal, personally I have never experienced the reported LCD issues to such an extent that it would make the Q disagreeable to use. I have purposely positioned myself so that the sun shone over my shoulder and directly onto my Q7's LCD screen and while such intense sun light does wash out the LCD screen a bit, and tends to burn my unprotected neck, I could still tell what I was aiming at and properly frame my subject. I should mention that I do have the LCD brightness turned up two steps higher than the normal setting. Anyway, being sensitive to the problems of others I went about looking for a solution and believe that I have found one.

01-18-2015, 07:26 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The Donald Duck hat returns.
01-18-2015, 09:00 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Umm-hmm, check salt water fishing catalogs.

Oh, an' there's T-shirts and award pins for the first and the 25th time you forget the flash is popped up and knocks your hat askew too. Got 'em both.
01-19-2015, 12:55 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Why not just get a Sombrero, save getting a red neck and shade the sucker as well

01-19-2015, 07:04 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Sombrero is great!
But it's got nothing on the world's longest hat!!
(click)
01-19-2015, 07:09 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Such has worked for me except when the sun is behind my shoulder. Then a black drape similar to those used with a box camera works best.