Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-19-2015, 03:39 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The Q7 goes cruising #4

Here are a few from St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands.

02 lens

06 lens

08 lens

03-13-2015, 05:39 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
I took my original Q out cruising too, in January, around SE Asia. Pictured is the "DNA" bridge Singapore, Bali, South West Coast (Taken from "monkey temple" all taken with the 02 standard zoom, The rear deck of Princess "Sapphire Princess" taken with the fish eye, and a Komodo dragon taken on Komodo Island, with the 06 Zoom - needed to stay back a bit here - there are no fences, I might add it was pouring rain in this shot, even though it doesn't look it, the Q appears to be shower proof if you try to keep the worst of the rain off it. These are all JPEGS pretty much straight out of the camera apart from re-sizing.
The Q punched out thousands of shots in Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, and Thailand, I found that three batteries is a good idea, and because it is small and inconspicuous you can sneak it into a lot of places where big cameras are not tolerated. It certainly is much easier to pack with a complete lens kit for air travel. I also found that all the standard lenses suffer from flare a bit, a lens hood would be a good idea particularly in tropical countries. I missed my SLR a couple of times but really not that much.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 

Last edited by cmar; 06-23-2016 at 04:43 PM.
03-14-2015, 07:11 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Nice shots Heinrich & cmar, Q7 makes a great cruising camera I also took mine leaving the DSLR home. I was very happy with the results. The only thing I would have liked would have been a retractable 02 to a shorter length. I also took my Canon S100 and the lens retracts completely so I could carry it in a belt case. I found the IQ identical to the Q7 so the S100 got more use. I started carrying the Q7 with the 06 attached for the reach and the S100 for the wide shots.