Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2015, 07:58 PM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Heinrich Lohmann's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Airdrie, Alberta Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,832
A few images from Central Park during the day............

....on board the Oasis of the Seas. Central Park is on deck 8 and open to the sky.
The first 5 are from 02 lens the rest from the 08 lens


















01-25-2015, 11:42 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
AquaDome's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New Carlisle, IN
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,472
You had me for a minute. Until I read the text, I was scanning your first photo for recognizable landmarks.
What a lovely place. Having it on a cruise ship is a bonus.
01-25-2015, 11:55 PM   #3
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southern California
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,181
Amazing what they've done, isn't it?

And to think you didn't even have to lug a big 'ol camera around to show us!
01-26-2015, 08:21 AM   #4
Pentaxian
hnikesch's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Michigan, USA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,254
Thanks for sharing Heinrich, I find that my Q7 works quite well with my 02 to a point that I don't use my 01 much, I also used my Q7 for a cruise camera, you got some great results

01-26-2015, 03:51 PM   #5
Pentaxian




Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South Bend, IN, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,982
QuoteOriginally posted by AquaDome Quote
You had me for a minute. Until I read the text, I was scanning your first photo for recognizable landmarks.
What a lovely place. Having it on a cruise ship is a bonus.
Yeah, I was expecting pictures from NYC, with an ending note "In another couple of days I'll show you what it looks like under serious snow"
01-27-2015, 02:24 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Heinrich Lohmann's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Airdrie, Alberta Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,832
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AquaDome Quote
You had me for a minute. Until I read the text, I was scanning your first photo for recognizable landmarks.
What a lovely place. Having it on a cruise ship is a bonus.
Made you look though Thank you and yes, it is a very nice place as a matter of fact it is pour favourite place on the ship.

QuoteOriginally posted by DSims Quote
Amazing what they've done, isn't it?

Sure is, takes 3 full time gardeners and a horticulturist to look after all live plants on the ship.

And to think you didn't even have to lug a big 'ol camera around to show us!
I did take the K3 for high iso work, mostly for the onboard shows.

QuoteOriginally posted by hnikesch Quote
Thanks for sharing Heinrich, I find that my Q7 works quite well with my 02 to a point that I don't use my 01 much, I also used my Q7 for a cruise camera, you got some great results
Thank you kindly dear sir and you are right, there is nothing wrong with the 02 lens once one learns not to stop the Q-lenses down too much. They work very well wide open.

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Yeah, I was expecting pictures from NYC, with an ending note "In another couple of days I'll show you what it looks like under serious snow"
Not under snow but I will show you what it looks like at night.
01-27-2015, 03:30 PM   #7
Pentaxian




Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South Bend, IN, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,982
QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Thank you kindly dear sir and you are right, there is nothing wrong with the 02 lens once one learns not to stop the Q-lenses down too much. They work very well wide open.
Is that because of diffraction?
Those of us who began with 35mm film learned that you went to small opening to get lots of depth-of-field, but those rules don't seem to work any more.
01-27-2015, 07:09 PM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Heinrich Lohmann's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Airdrie, Alberta Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,832
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Is that because of diffraction?
Those of us who began with 35mm film learned that you went to small opening to get lots of depth-of-field, but those rules don't seem to work any more.
Reh, yes, it is all about diffraction but the rules have not changed, the smaller the opening the larger the depths of field. Now, with those tiny sensors and corresponding short focal lengths there is lots of depth of field anyway. Diffraction is nothing new, it has been with us since day one in one form or the other but with those really tiny openings in modern small lenses it rears it ugly head sooner than what we are used to. Back in the early fifties I did a lot of work with 8x10 Linhofs and even than one watched how far one would stop down.

Take caree,

01-28-2015, 01:55 PM   #9
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: midwest, United States
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,324
Love the images Heinrich. You do a great job with the Q. From an 8x10 to the Q. Theres some stories in there.
Thanks for sharing
barondla
01-29-2015, 02:26 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Heinrich Lohmann's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Airdrie, Alberta Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,832
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Love the images Heinrich. You do a great job with the Q. From an 8x10 to the Q. Theres some stories in there.
Thanks for sharing
barondla
Thank you kindly dear sir and yes there are a few stories. I still used flash powder on a pan fired with a flint stone (similar to a cigarette lighter) while the shutter is on "B" and all that handheld. When the first flash bulbs appeared we though we'd gone to heaven.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, lens, mirrorless, park, pentax q, pentax q10, pentax q7, q-s1, q10, q7
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Misc A few from Zion National Park Victor101 Post Your Photos! 6 06-26-2013 09:17 PM
Nature A few images from the Calgary Zoo Heinrich Lohmann Post Your Photos! 7 03-19-2012 11:30 AM
Landscape A few images from Central Park..... Heinrich Lohmann Post Your Photos! 9 01-01-2012 12:10 AM
Landscape A few images from the last trip Heinrich Lohmann Post Your Photos! 8 06-19-2011 09:52 PM
A few from the local park junkdon Post Your Photos! 3 11-04-2008 05:49 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:58 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top