Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2015, 09:32 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Memory Cards for Q-S1

As I await the delivery of my Q-S1 body, I'm working on a few details such as memory cards. I'm pretty sure the Q7 wasn't UHS-1 compliant and the Q-S1 is for all intents and purposes a restyled Q7. So I figure the newer camera isn't UHS-1 compliant either.

But what kinds of cards are other Q-S1 and Q7 owners using? I use SanDisk Extreme (45mb/sec) in my K-5 and K-5 IIs but Extreme Pro (95mb/sec) in all of my other cameras. Of course, I could use these same cards in the Q-S1. But I tend to limit my card size to 16gb in my other cameras. With the Q-S1, I think I'll go for 32gb because I may be shooting in raw+jpg more often and I'd like to keep the cost down. I'll purchase two cards at a minimum.

So what cards are others using? How fast have you found is fast enough given the camera's non-UHS-1 limitations? Is 45mb/sec good enough or would I see any difference with the newer SanDisk Extreme 60mb/sec cards? Or have you found that dropping down to 30mb/sec cards works just as well?

02-07-2015, 09:44 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm using the SanDisk 45mb/sec and have had no bottlenecks or problems with my Qs and Q7.