Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-07-2015, 10:46 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Will do. Still dead, battery still after a week has the same charge as previous. eagerly look toward the incoming battery.

03-09-2015, 05:48 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well this thread has been silly.

PIcking up the Q today (hasn't been touched for the weekend) it's turning on and off as a brand new one. :S I depleated the battery (recorded more video) and cant get it to fail like it once did.

I can only assume there was moisture somewhere fouling it :S

Oh well. It's ok for the moment, But now I've lost all trust in it. It will be hard to justify using it for a trip away now. :S which is a shame because it's been great over the past 12months.
03-09-2015, 06:20 AM   #18
Forum Member

video

I am not much of a video person, but what I have read here on the forum, the Q is not really good at running video for long periods of time. 60 minutes is probably subjecting it to a lot of internal heat which can't be good for the camera. Small and metal is good for portability but not good for heat dissipation.
03-09-2015, 08:36 AM   #19
Forum Member

Keep the faith! I entered the q world for $85 on eBay. Black Q kit 02 lens 3 batteries, charger and unopened manual with software. I just picked up an 01 lens (white body and 3 more batteries included) for $120. I am on the prowl for an 08 lens now. These little guys are so tiny keeping spare bodies around is viable.

03-09-2015, 11:46 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I did run video on a Q too long once, trying to get some good video of hummingbirds so I was leaving it record. It did overheat, and it didn't take 60 minutes. The camera simply told me it was too hot and was shutting down. This was summer, of course.
03-09-2015, 07:11 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes. My Qs have always gotten too hot very quickly in Arizona summer heat. They warn me with a pink thermometer and I turn them off, take out the battery for a few minutes and they return to running but not for too long when it is 105+.
03-09-2015, 07:31 PM - 1 Like   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I've never had it reported being to hot. "shrugs" anyway it's working for the moment, and cheap Chinese battery arrived, it works too. silly little Q.

03-10-2015, 05:47 AM - 1 Like   #23

I’m having the same problem.

I left my Q with the battery inside for 2 month or so. I wanted to take it out so I checked the battery. The battery icon was missing the left triangle indicating that the battery was not fully charge. I took the battery out and charged it.

The camera never turn on again. I tried everything I could remember.

Yesterday after reading this post I tried once again and the camera turn on for the very first time in 2 months. After I’ve turn it off it didn’t turn on again!

Today I tried to warm up the battery and the camera turn on again. But once again after I turn it off it doesn’t start up again.
I’ve able to replicate this three times.

Now I’m recording a second 25 min video. I’m trying to completely drain the battery and then recharge it to see what happens.

Apparently this is a battery issue. Better than a dead camera
05-26-2015, 05:13 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
#UPDATE!

Zelig yes that's pretty much what happened to mine.

For what it's worth that $2 battery worked and it was all ok. I have since lost that $2 battery and now using the gen pentax one again, I haven't had a problem. lol It's been turning on and off again Ah-Okay :P

Who knows.

Silly little pentax :P
05-26-2015, 06:40 PM - 1 Like   #25
Veteran Member

What a soap opera! "As the Q Turns...On. And Off."
05-26-2015, 06:54 PM   #26
Pentaxian

Humid in any of these places? Humidity can cause all sorts of crazy problems that will come and go (with the humidity). (Although that still indicates an underlying problem with some connection in the camera.)
05-26-2015, 08:56 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Original Poster
middle of winter here, no central heating, I'm wearing jumpers inside :P so not humid here at least.

But what, still 2 faulty out of 100,000+ no real problem. :P
09-27-2015, 06:27 AM   #28

Q stopped turning on. just all of a sudden, camera always handled in a careful way ; two batteries both charged to 4.13, 4.10 volts, respectively, but nothing, waited overnight without battery in camera, but this morning, still nothing;
ordered a replacement battery as the easiest first step. that is on it's way.
expect maybe digital cameras may not last a decade, but only a couple/few years ? will see if the new battery does it.
09-27-2015, 07:03 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Your problems arr as was mine. 4 months later my Q is still working after that previous spat mentioned. Strange indeed.
09-27-2015, 04:07 PM   #30

don't they put a little re-set button on cameras that one can push a little paperclip into to restart ? or could one put a penny across the battery compartment terminals ?