Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-21-2015, 08:24 AM   #16
Forum Member

Original Poster

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by CheepShot Quote
This one is the official Pentax Q bag. Official New Pentax Case O CB133 for Pentax Q7 Pentax Q10 Pentax Q | eBay Blunty did a video review of the premium kit which includes a good look at the bag. 1 of 1000 - Unboxing the Limited Edition, Pentax Q7 Premium Kit. - YouTube

I actually have this case when I bought the premium kit. This what I'm using right now and as beautiful as it is, I don't like some of its design. The velcro design to hold toy lenses and prime is very cumbersome to use. And I find that the padding on the case is not as thick compared to 3rd party cases. Also, I'm sure when this case came out they didn't have the 06 in mind when they designed it.

03-21-2015, 09:14 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by vagrant10 Quote
OP/TECH USA 4901002 Accessory Pack, 8 x 5 x 2.5 Inch

available on amazon for $16.

Thing I don't like about it is the pouch in the lid does not have a zipper and opening it is easier when you have something to lay it on (otherwise one hand is under the pouch to keep it from tipping and the other hand can't remove and change lenses without rezipping, change lenses, unzip and put the other lens away).

but the case is small and well padded considering how light the Q system is.
Does this case have a pouch (other than the one in the lid without a zipper) to store extra batteries?? Any time I take my entire kit with me, I'll also have several extra batteries (and a 12-volt charger in the car).
03-21-2015, 06:36 PM   #18
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by someone902 Quote
I actually have this case when I bought the premium kit. This what I'm using right now and as beautiful as it is, I don't like some of its design. The velcro design to hold toy lenses and prime is very cumbersome to use. And I find that the padding on the case is not as thick compared to 3rd party cases. Also, I'm sure when this case came out they didn't have the 06 in mind when they designed it.
Thanks for the tip, I was considering it. It seemed to small for me but does appear handy.
03-21-2015, 07:54 PM   #19
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by CheepShot Quote
Thanks for the tip, I was considering it. It seemed to small for me but does appear handy.
It is quite handy, I say this would come down to a preference thing. (https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/136-pentax-q/250861-q7-complete-kit-camera-bag.html) <--- This guy managed to fit essentially my whole kit into the bag. I guess I really do prefer a better padded/sealed/ hardcase type bag for my kit. The biggest advantage of this bag is it was designed for the Q which means its as compact as the Q, most camera bags are designed for DSLRs, so they are too big. That's the main reason I started this thread because I really wanted to take advantage of the Q's size.

I don't appreciate everyone who's posting their setups. This could be basically a" whats in your bag" thread already for the Pentax Q.

03-22-2015, 07:36 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Hello guys, just wanted to ask what do you guys use to transport your Q and your lenses?

I've been trying to find a bag or pouch to reliably transport my pentax Q and 5 Q lenses for when I need to bring it along for travelling. I absolutely love the compactness that this system brings, I normally have my Q7 plus the 01 and have an 06 or 08 in my coat pocket but for long term packing I've been searching for a case that can accommodate my lenses.

Just curious on what you guys use for storing your gear?
This is what I repurposed for my Q7:
Amazon.com : Pentax PTX-L80 Soft Leather Case for Optio MX Digital Cameras : Camera & Photo
It is a tad small - I have to pack carefully, such as laying my 02 and 06 on their sides on the bottom and then putting my Q7+01 on top.

But it does have a velcroed pouch on the outside that I use for my extra battery,
and it has a loop that enables me to attach it to my belt.

All-in-all, I find it to be a convenient way to pack my Q7 when I'm not using anything adapted.
03-29-2015, 12:28 PM - 2 Likes   #21

Hello guys, just wanted to ask what do you guys use to transport your Q and your lenses?
I use a Pelican 1050 for my Q and Q7. Here is the yellow Pelican 1050 with the Q7; a black Pelican 1050 (with clear top) is used for the Q.

03-31-2015, 08:52 AM   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by girlieg33k Quote
I use a Pelican 1050 for my Q and Q7. Here is the yellow Pelican 1050 with the Q7; a black Pelican 1050 (with clear top) is used for the Q.
On several different occasions I have lost something loose from my camera bag (including an embarrassing time when a lens disappeared after I tripped over a root and tumbled several feet when I hadn't properly fastened my bag), so having the batteries loose like that would be of concern to me.

03-31-2015, 03:26 PM - 2 Likes   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I am using this and it works well for me, it's spill proof but might not be the ultra protection that some people are looking for. Depending on what I'm doing or where I'm going I wear it as a waist bag or as an across shoulder bag.

Packed and ready to go

Here is what's in it

I ordered it last year here but have no idea if it's still available: Canvas Passport Waist Bag for Men Travel Bags Chest Fanny Pack Money Belt Bag Waist Shoulder Pouch Outdoor Bum Bag Waterproof-in Waist Packs from Luggage & Bags on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
03-31-2015, 03:38 PM   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
I am using this and it works well for me, it's spill proof but might not be the ultra protection that some people are looking for. Depending on what I'm doing or where I'm going I wear it as a waist bag or as an across shoulder bag.

Packed and ready to go

Here is what's in it

I ordered it last year here but have no idea if it's still available: Canvas Passport Waist Bag for Men Travel Bags Chest Fanny Pack Money Belt Bag Waist Shoulder Pouch Outdoor Bum Bag Waterproof-in Waist Packs from Luggage & Bags on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
I'm a lot more worried about losing things than about damaging them; until proven otherwise, I'm willing to believe that the camera and lenses are strong enough to handle my life. Almost every camera bag I've ever had has been soft with pouches - exactly like this one. Thanx for providing another option.
04-01-2015, 05:11 AM   #25
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I'm a lot more worried about losing things than about damaging them; until proven otherwise, I'm willing to believe that the camera and lenses are strong enough to handle my life. Almost every camera bag I've ever had has been soft with pouches - exactly like this one. Thanx for providing another option.
I am sort of in the same boat. The Q's lenses are not that expensive compared to other systems, but if I broke my 08 I would be curled up in a ball and crying myself to sleep. hehehe.
04-01-2015, 07:59 AM   #26
Pentaxian

I am sort of in the same boat. The Q's lenses are not that expensive compared to other systems, but if I broke my 08 I would be curled up in a ball and crying myself to sleep. hehehe.
Yeah, I guess that is one reason I don't own an 08. My entire Q7+01+02+06 outfit cost less than an 08.
04-03-2015, 08:35 PM   #27

I concur with the comment on the 08. As much as I would love to get it, it costs more than the price of my two Qs and 01 + 02 lenses. I needed a UWA lens, and ended up buying a brand new Sigma 10-20 for my K5, and it was still cheaper than the 08!

As for the original question, I actually bought the Optio case as suggested by some other threads on the forum, and have been putting my Q + 01 + 02 lens in it, along with spare batteries and SD card and a Lenspen. That goes into my daily knapsack that I carry to work, and it takes care of the "I didn't have my camera with me that day" excuse in case I saw something cool while I'm out.
Attached Images