Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
03-15-2015, 03:31 PM   #1
Forum Member

Pentax Q + Lens storage?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Hello guys, just wanted to ask what do you guys use to transport your Q and your lenses?

I've been trying to find a bag or pouch to reliably transport my pentax Q and 5 Q lenses for when I need to bring it along for travelling. I absolutely love the compactness that this system brings, I normally have my Q7 plus the 01 and have an 06 or 08 in my coat pocket but for long term packing I've been searching for a case that can accommodate my lenses.

Just curious on what you guys use for storing your gear?

03-15-2015, 04:02 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

I just bought this with the same thing in mind, but then I can't resist a good case so I'm sure I'll find other uses as well.

HD-100 Hard Case - Black - Woot

This coupon might work: 10WOOTCOUPON ($10 off $25), but it might not. Case is about the right size for a Q and several lenses.
03-15-2015, 04:16 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
I just bought this with the same thing in mind, but then I can't resist a good case so I'm sure I'll find other uses as well.

This coupon might work: 10WOOTCOUPON ($10 off $25), but it might not. Case is about the right size for a Q and several lenses.
Thanks I'm gonna seriously consider this case.
03-15-2015, 05:32 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by someone902 Quote
Hello guys, just wanted to ask what do you guys use to transport your Q and your lenses?

I've been trying to find a bag or pouch to reliably transport my pentax Q and 5 Q lenses for when I need to bring it along for travelling. I absolutely love the compactness that this system brings, I normally have my Q7 plus the 01 and have an 06 or 08 in my coat pocket but for long term packing I've been searching for a case that can accommodate my lenses.

Just curious on what you guys use for storing your gear?

OP/TECH USA 4901002 Accessory Pack, 8 x 5 x 2.5 Inch

available on amazon for $16.

Thing I don't like about it is the pouch in the lid does not have a zipper and opening it is easier when you have something to lay it on (otherwise one hand is under the pouch to keep it from tipping and the other hand can't remove and change lenses without rezipping, change lenses, unzip and put the other lens away).

but the case is small and well padded considering how light the Q system is.

03-15-2015, 06:01 PM   #5

Ditto on the OP/TECH, although laying it down to access the lenses isn't the most convenient. Best I've found so far though.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SM-G900V  Photo 
03-15-2015, 06:39 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Thanks for this... I just ordered one of these cases. Like you, I'm sure I'll find lots of uses for it.
03-15-2015, 08:29 PM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thank you guys for the suggestions, I will look into the optech pouch. My camera strap is actually optech so I know they make good stuff.

Another thing I am looking at is getting a custom case from http://www.mycasebuilder.com/ but I'm too lazy to do the cut outs at the moment. It does make it cool though if I ever go that route.

03-15-2015, 08:38 PM   #8
Pentaxian

I do have a soft pouch similar to above for walking around, but sometimes you want the hard case for protection, shoving it in other bags. Or around here with the brutal humidity, an airtight case with desiccants to keep the moisture under control...
03-16-2015, 04:31 AM   #9
Forum Member

Original Poster
I do have a soft pouch similar to above for walking around, but sometimes you want the hard case for protection, shoving it in other bags. Or around here with the brutal humidity, an airtight case with desiccants to keep the moisture under control...
Yeah I am also looking for a hardcase for better protection on the lenses, I am mostly paranoid about the 06 having an accident. Based on my research most bags or pouches are designed for DSLR which is way too big for the Q, I looked at mirrorless bags and pouches and it seems none of them have designs for storing multiple lenses.
03-16-2015, 11:53 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use a Crumpler Haven, small. I can throw it in a backpack or shoulder bag. I mainly want to carry around the Q 01, 2-3 C- and D-mount lenses, and maybe a 50 MM Super-Tak M42 + adapter. All fit nicely with extra room.

Crumpler Haven Camera Pouch (Small, Olive/Black) HVN001-G01G40
03-19-2015, 11:28 AM   #11
Forum Member

I use a Tamrac 603. It holds all my adapters, lenses, 540 flash and everything else. It's compact, I don't even notice it when I swing it around to my back. The main and accessory compartments are zippered and flapped, weatherproof. The main compartment has a velcro tab for quick grab. Amazon.com : Tamrac 603 Zoom Traveler 3 Camera Bag (Navy) : Camera Cases : Camera & Photo You can find these fairly cheap on eBay.

I'll also recommend these mini lens bags. The extra small is plenty big for all but the 06 and 03 with filter and caps on. The small version (on order) should handle those nicely. Amazon.com : Extra Small Micro Lens Pouch for Leica, Micro Four Thirds, Fuji X-Pro 1, Sony NEX, Pentax Q, Nikon 1 Lenses : Camera Cases : Camera & Photo
03-20-2015, 02:40 AM   #12

Photos: Gallery
I use a Lowepro Dashpoint AVC, made for Go Pro's and all their kit. I find it holds a Q, standard lens, telephoto lens, a fisheye, a couple of filters, 3 batteries, a few SD cards in their cases all neatly and east to carry.
03-20-2015, 05:35 AM   #13
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cmar Quote
I use a Lowepro Dashpoint AVC, made for Go Pro's and all their kit. I find it holds a Q, standard lens, telephoto lens, a fisheye, a couple of filters, 3 batteries, a few SD cards in their cases all neatly and east to carry.
Do you mind taking a pic of your gear inside it? I was considering this case too and thought that the telephoto would be too thick for the case for it to fit.
03-20-2015, 10:17 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm on the road with a large bag containing a K5iis, plus Tamron 10-24, 24-135, 28-75 and 70-200 lenses.

I found I had room left in just the one empty lens compartment to add a Q7, 01, 03 and 06 plus a PK adapter!!

Now, I know there's a lesson here if I can just figure out what it's tryin' to tell me.
03-20-2015, 10:19 PM   #15
Forum Member

This one is the official Pentax Q bag. Official New Pentax Case O CB133 for Pentax Q7 Pentax Q10 Pentax Q | eBay Blunty did a video review of the premium kit which includes a good look at the bag.