Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2015, 05:44 AM   #1

I broke my 03 lens and now it works better!

I was trying out some time-lapse photography in my office last week with my original Q and my 03 using one of those ĎSuper extreme sports it will never fall of EVERí suction cups. I stuck it firmly on a nice clean window about 7 foot up and 20 minutes later it fell off, I tried it on a nice clean metal sheet about 3 foot off the ground and again it fell off!

To my dismay I noticed the lens is now a bit wobbly and no longer in focus, over the weekend I took it out and had a play and noticed in fact it does focus but now the focus ring needs to literally be set dead centre rather than the second tick on the left like most of them.
Itís now much easier to set focus on the lens, although I feel it may be a just tiny bit softer now.

Being dropped twice must have shook it up pretty bad, no idea how long itís going to last, my Q seems no worse for it, although I noticed it shut itself down once but that has not happened again.

04-08-2015, 08:56 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So that's how repair shops do it..

Last edited by jimr-pdx; 04-08-2015 at 09:03 AM.