Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-12-2015, 02:48 PM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by digital029art Quote
Yes I am (it's a 1 year warranty right?), my first warranty claim with the Pentax / Ricoh, hope it goes smooth!
Yes, well, good. Even better if you just bought it in the last week or two from a place like B&H where you could get a quick exchange without waiting on warranty service...

05-12-2015, 02:53 PM   #17
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Have you upgraded your camera's firmware? You'll potentially experience issues like what you're describing without the update that adds compatibility for the adapter.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-12-2015, 03:55 PM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Have you upgraded your camera's firmware? You'll potentially experience issues like what you're describing without the update that adds compatibility for the adapter.
That is an even easier solution if it works.
05-12-2015, 06:41 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
Yes, well, good. Even better if you just bought it in the last week or two from a place like B&H where you could get a quick exchange without waiting on warranty service...
It was Adorama but back in the fall..

---------- Post added 05-12-15 at 09:42 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Thanks Adam, I looked at that, I'm on 1.12 (I'm holding back .. maybe they'll give us one more ?)

05-12-2015, 06:57 PM   #20
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by digital029art Quote
Thanks Adam, I looked at that, I'm on 1.12 (I'm holding back .. maybe they'll give us one more ?)
I think 1.10 introduced the adapter, so you're good on that front and I'd just get it exchanged.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-21-2015, 02:46 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Update:
I was able to compare mine with another brand new genuine K->Q adapter and the results were the same. The effect is mostly visible at 1/1000 and with high contrast settings (like Bold Monchrome) on the Q.
I conclude that it's in the nature of the leaf shutter at such a high speed, and 1/1000 is very fast for a shutter of this type.
If anybody wants to try, compare 1/1000 vs 1/1250 at which point only the electronic shutter is used. You will see that there is uneven illumination causing a sort of hot spot in the center. FYI.

Thank God I didn't have to deal with Precision Camera Repair ...