Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-06-2015, 03:16 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Your Q7 quickdial settings ?

Hi Q people,
I have a lightly used Q7 slowly winging its way to the Southern Hemisphere

I was wondering how you who use the quickdial have got it set up ?
I muddle with it in the Q and don't really think i'm getting best use of it, particularly 'user'

I have searched threads on this but there isn't much recent.
cheers
Pete

06-06-2015, 03:33 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Every other one set to focus peaking, the rest set to nothing. That way I can click the dial without looking to turn on/off focus peaking. (I wish there were a button for that.)
06-06-2015, 03:56 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Set to allow quick access to ND filter. On a bright day it's easy to find oneself going in and out of the shade, with recommended shutter speeds shooting way up if one doesn't want to go too high an F stop (so inviting refraction on the little A lenses).
06-06-2015, 06:22 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
+1 to @jva59 above. That's all I use the Quick Dial for.

06-07-2015, 01:00 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
Every other one set to focus peaking, the rest set to nothing. That way I can click the dial without looking to turn on/off focus peaking. (I wish there were a button for that.)
My problem is that sometimes I discover the quickdial as been rotated "by magic", and I don't always notice that the change has occurred. Frankly, I'd rather not have the dial, but assigning it to focus peaking makes it virtually harmless, which is the next best thing.
06-07-2015, 01:15 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
My problem is that sometimes I discover the quickdial as been rotated "by magic", and I don't always notice that the change has occurred. Frankly, I'd rather not have the dial, but assigning it to focus peaking makes it virtually harmless, which is the next best thing.
You can set them to USER modes also (under Smart Effect)...
06-07-2015, 10:00 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Heck I knew the QD didn't have much love but that is a bit sad.
I spose the preference to using RAW puts paid to it a bit.
06-08-2015, 09:10 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have a QS1 actually, but the question still applies so I will answer it. It's currently still set to default but I've hardly used that dial so far. I haven't really done much with learning all that. I need to read the manual for that again actually, pay more attention. Usually I do all that filter type stuff in PS so I'm thinking I may set a couple of the scene modes if I can. I'd like to have one click macro I think if I can do that but other than that I'm just not too sure I'd do much of anything with it. I'm going to have to look at what that dial can do again....

06-08-2015, 12:05 PM   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Exactly! Me too, use a harmless setting.
I'll blame magic also ;-)