Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-23-2015, 09:19 AM   #76
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pacerr Quote
Technologically you may be right. But there's still a characteristic of useful and long-lived 'tools' that says they'll also be comfortable in the hand and suited to the purpose.

There may well be fantastic micro-cameras in the future . . . but who'll be usin' 'em and for what?

The K200D fits a LOT of the supposed NEEDS for a smaller camera body and it and a *istDS still have a place in my minimalist-bag. The Q7's sort'a takin' over that role but there's still days when the older bodies are suitable . . . and fun.
Just a thought the KS1 is almost the same size as the *istD.

06-23-2015, 09:44 AM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Mentioning the people standing trying to sort out their settings things, has it ever occurred to camera Execs that the reason DSLR sales are falling, would be because the camera have become so complicated that the average person who take a few images up to 10 times a year, can't remember how to access the controls between the times when they pick up the camera
There seems to be a gap in the way people view camera development. Some of the earlier SLR's were simple and basic but by around 1990 some ot them were very tricky to use. Without a menu system everything was done with buttons and wheels as 'press 'A' then turn 'B' and then alter 'C' - at least with Pen5tax Dslr's the basic functions are easy enough to use.
06-24-2015, 01:15 PM   #78
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mohb Quote
There seems to be a gap in the way people view camera development. Some of the earlier SLR's were simple and basic but by around 1990 some ot them were very tricky to use. Without a menu system everything was done with buttons and wheels as 'press 'A' then turn 'B' and then alter 'C' - at least with Pen5tax Dslr's the basic functions are easy enough to use.
I carried a card with me for my PZ-1 with the "PF Functions" listed so I knew what the values were that I needed to change when required. That was an unfriendly way to access some of the advanced options but they thoughtfully included the laminated card which made it bearable.
06-27-2015, 06:06 PM   #79
Forum Member

One thing Pentax gets is ergonomics. I find the K-30 much easier to use than the Canon 70d, even if I prefer the latter. The ISO range setting, for instance, is great. I wish there were similar things for speed and aperture.