Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-11-2015, 09:22 PM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Waterton Lakes National Park with the Q7. #1

Again this year I spent the first 2 weeks of June in Waterton Lakes National Park. While I did most of my shooting with the K3 and K5 the Q7 got a good workout.
I used lenses # 1, 2, 6 and 8. The surprise was the standard zoom (#2) it did a stellar job. The exif data is intact, so check it out.
I'll post it in 4 parts, Landscapes first:

07-11-2015, 09:30 PM   #2

Very impressive, Heinrich. Nice work!

Where is Waterton Lakes?
07-11-2015, 09:36 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Alberta Canada north of Glacier National Park.
07-11-2015, 11:41 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Again this year I spent the first 2 weeks of June in Waterton Lakes National Park. While I did most of my shooting with the K3 and K5 the Q7 got a good workout. I used lenses # 1, 2, 6 and 8. The surprise was the standard zoom (#2) it did a stellar job. The exif data is intact, so check it out. I'll post it in 4 parts, Landscapes first:
Another great set of shots. It seems that most of the complaints about the 02 image quality was reported by those using the Q or Q10. Maybe the 02 lens is better suited to the sensor size of the Q7.

07-12-2015, 02:51 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Beautiful shots and amazing country.

The Q seems to perform admirably for you.
07-12-2015, 04:50 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Hi Heinrich:

Great set of photos of a Park that I need to visit more often, as it has ben several years. Did you catch any of the wildlflower bloom this year?
07-12-2015, 05:01 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Absolutely beautiful shots and scenery. The rainbow is a prize winner. Easily on par with the best of National Geographic.
07-12-2015, 11:15 AM   #8
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by johngs Quote
Very impressive, Heinrich. Nice work!

Where is Waterton Lakes?
Thank you for the kind words, Waterton Lakes National Park is part of the Waterton-Glacier International Peace Park. see here: A boat ride from Waterton to Goat Haunt Photo Gallery by Heinrich Lohmann at pbase.com

QuoteOriginally posted by CWRailman Quote
Another great set of shots. It seems that most of the complaints about the 02 image quality was reported by those using the Q or Q10. Maybe the 02 lens is better suited to the sensor size of the Q7.
Thank you kindly Denny, you may have a point, I do like that lens better on the Q7 than the Q.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Beautiful shots and amazing country.

The Q seems to perform admirably for you.
Thank you, it won't replace the K3 any time soon but it does fine in it's own right.

QuoteOriginally posted by DDoram Quote
Hi Heinrich:

Great set of photos of a Park that I need to visit more often, as it has ben several years. Did you catch any of the wildlflower bloom this year?
Thank you for the kind comments, I did see and got some decent photos of some wildflowers but the shooting stars were just about done and the calypso orchids were either done or I did not find them. Spring came very early, according to some locals the ice went out on Cameron Lake in the middle of April. (normal seems to be at the beginning of June)

QuoteOriginally posted by jddwoods Quote
Absolutely beautiful shots and scenery. The rainbow is a prize winner. Easily on par with the best of National Geographic.
Thank you for the praise but now you made me blush.

QuoteOriginally posted by blackcloudbrew Quote
Alberta Canada north of Glacier National Park.
Thank you.