Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-15-2015, 08:53 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Pentax Q - Clamp / Mount

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Hey guys,

Loving the Q7 every single day! I just want to ask, has any of you got a clamp for their Q's? probably the same as the GoPro's.
The small form factor of the Q7 gave me an idea to mount it on my guitar and capture videos of me playing during gigs.

Thanks a bunch!

07-16-2015, 04:49 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't have a clamp like you're asking about, but I do have a variety of attachment devices that I use with my Q and my Sony HDR-AS10 action cam. We have 3 Go Pros that we use at work, btw, so I've had a chance to compare things. The thing I like about the Q and my Sony is that they both use a standard 1/4 X 20 mount. That means I can use them with all my tripods, monopods, window mounts, ballheads, etc...that I have for my still cameras. It also means that there's dozens of clamps and mounts available on Ebay. Just search "camera clamp mount" or something similar and lots of things ought to pop up. Most of it is imported, but I've got an articulating arm, a suction cup window mount, and a ball head that work great for these light applications.
07-16-2015, 03:26 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You can build up a suction-cup based RAM mount system. Or you can get a suction mount with a 1/4-20 mount and then get a short articulating arm with 1/4-20 mounts on either end.

If you are willing to use a clamp (to mount to a mic stand, for example) you can get a Manfrotto Nano clamp.
07-16-2015, 06:03 PM   #4
Inactive Account

++ Nano Clamp with Giottos MH-1304 micro head!

07-22-2015, 10:18 PM   #5

nano clamp (for light setup) http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=Nano+Clamp&_sop=15
bogen super clamp bogen super clamp | eBay
magic arm from amazon Amazon.com: magic arm
theres also cheese plates to attach other stuff http://www.amazon.com/Smallrig%C2%AE-Multi-function-Mounting-Connections-Mon...s=cheese+plate

Last edited by xerxal; 07-22-2015 at 10:27 PM. Reason: add links