Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-18-2015, 10:10 AM   #1

Pentax Q Bold Monochrome

I find this setting is far more sharp than it seems to have any right to be, even managing to pull off good shots when the new adapters guts where high gloss. I'm guessing it's only using one colour channel to render the image?

Anyone else find this to be true?

Also, apparently the forums refuse to upload the B&W images from the Q. At all. Any idea what that's all about?

To Flickr!

07-19-2015, 12:21 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I like the bw portrait!
In the bw crow image you have your "model" looking away from you, giving his back, color one is better in this respect.
I personally don't like the first one, it's tilted and there are too many disturbances imho (bushes, etc.) that take away from the main subject.
Like the way you are going with bw though, so keep it up! ;-)
07-19-2015, 10:38 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
I like the bw portrait!
In the bw crow image you have your "model" looking away from you, giving his back, color one is better in this respect.
I personally don't like the first one, it's tilted and there are too many disturbances imho (bushes, etc.) that take away from the main subject.
Like the way you are going with bw though, so keep it up! ;-)
The silo I was shooting from a running car on the side of the road. Some jack in a pickup and trailer was sitting behind me laying on the horn despite there being enough room to pass and no traffic. I: I'll probably go back and take more pictures.

I also think I have the blue glare settled down mostly.

Still, really liking the B&W JPG output on this camera. It's really quite good.
07-19-2015, 12:17 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mothballs Quote
The silo I was shooting from a running car on the side of the road. Some jack in a pickup and trailer was sitting behind me laying on the horn despite there being enough room to pass and no traffic. I: I'll probably go back and take more pictures.

I also think I have the blue glare settled down mostly.

Still, really liking the B&W JPG output on this camera. It's really quite good.
O_o
Yup, I think going back and taking "proper" pics is the way to go, it looks like an interesting subject...

07-20-2015, 03:01 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Location: Planet Earth, Sol system, Milky Way galaxy, Universe
It probably looks sharper because of the increased contrast. Just took this today as I was walking with some colleagues in the afternoon: