Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-21-2015, 12:37 PM   #1

Adapter k to q, user manual?

I've recently bought the genuine q to k adapter to use with smc (A) lenses, particularly the 100mm 2.8 and the 50mm 1.4. I've updated my firmware to 1.14. I seem to be stuck with a fixed shutter speed of 1/160, with flash or without. I've been trying to learn by doing, but I'd do better if I could read a user manual. Does anybody know where I can download a set of instructions or a manual for the adapter. I already have the manual for the Q, but it doesn't cover the adapter. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by keithlester; 08-21-2015 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Spelling error
08-21-2015, 12:52 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The adapter should come with a manual in the box.

In case you don't have it, we've actually posted a guide of our own to using the adapter, and I hope it's helpful!

Using the K-Mount Adapter for Pentax Q - Articles and Tips | PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-21-2015, 12:58 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

The PF guide is THE best.
08-21-2015, 01:03 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks Adam, I've read that several times and I'm happy with how to operate the aperture settings. I just can't figure out why I keep getting a shutter speed of 1/160. I can't seem to change it in TV mode. Am I being a bit simple? It will be obvious when I know the answer and may seem like a dumb question, but the only dumb question is the one you're too scared to ask.

08-21-2015, 03:04 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by keithlester Quote
Thanks Adam, I've read that several times and I'm happy with how to operate the aperture settings. I just can't figure out why I keep getting a shutter speed of 1/160. I can't seem to change it in TV mode. Am I being a bit simple? It will be obvious when I know the answer and may seem like a dumb question, but the only dumb question is the one you're too scared to ask.
I would start a separate thread on the shutter speed issue, but the firmware update should enable the leaf shutter and therefore lift the shutter speed restriction. Does M mode allow you to go higher? If so, there might just not be enough ambient light.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-21-2015, 03:10 PM   #6

Original Poster
I'll try it again in daylight and see if I can make progress. Thanks for the guidance.
08-23-2015, 07:47 AM   #7

Original Poster
Oh dear, I tried it in daylight with my SMC A100 2.8. It works great, up to 1/1000 shutter speed and produces lovely sharp pictures on a tripod. Manual no longer required. Thanks for the encouragement.