Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-04-2015, 04:44 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Forum Member

The search for the perfect bag continues.

I've asked about the perfect bag for the Pentax Q7 that is just as compact as the Q7 but will provide decent protection.

For now I've settled for an unorthodox lens pouch to keep some of my lenses in one place, while I'm out shooting.

The pencil case actually has some fluff in the lining that adds a little bit more protection for the lenses.

I can fit any 3 sets of Q lenses in it. I think on the photo it has the 06, 08 and 02.

09-04-2015, 04:58 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
not sure if this helps, but I use a small single lens zipper bag from lowepro. Inside I keep two da limiteds held together by glued rear lens caps. I also keep a cleaning cloth and polarizer case in it. This is my light walk around kit. I believe it is one of the dashpoint models. I can check the size if you'd like. Oh it can attach vertically or horizontally to your belt or backpack straps using velcro fittings.

Pouches Camera bags, backpacks and rolling cases
09-04-2015, 05:06 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I showed a nice size bag that I use and have given to others in this thread. https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/136-pentax-q/270190-cases.html
I have seen many of this same size or slightly larger on Ebay and most sell for around $10.
09-04-2015, 05:06 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Something small like this would probably be perfect for your entire kit:
Case Logic CPL-106 DSLR Medium Camera Shoulder Bag CPL-106 B&H

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-04-2015, 05:08 PM - 1 Like   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wissink Quote
not sure if this helps, but I use a small single lens zipper bag from lowepro. Inside I keep two da limiteds held together by glued rear lens caps. I also keep a cleaning cloth and polarizer case in it. This is my light walk around kit. I believe it is one of the dashpoint models. I can check the size if you'd like. Oh it can attach vertically or horizontally to your belt or backpack straps using velcro fittings.

Pouches Camera bags, backpacks and rolling cases
Sup man, I appreciate your help. I've looked into the lowepro pouches. I will one day bring my lenses with me and see which pouch I can fit the most lenses. At this point it's actually become a challenge on where I can stuff my whole Q7 system that is not a camera bag. hehehe

Last edited by someone902; 09-04-2015 at 05:15 PM.
09-04-2015, 09:49 PM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by someone902 Quote
I've asked about the perfect bag for the Pentax Q7 that is just as compact as the Q7 but will provide decent protection.

For now I've settled for an unorthodox lens pouch to keep some of my lenses in one place, while I'm out shooting.

The pencil case actually has some fluff in the lining that adds a little bit more protection for the lenses.

I can fit any 3 sets of Q lenses in it. I think on the photo it has the 06, 08 and 02.
Dude... Don't... Change... It!

Seriously! I'll continue using it coz it's so darn hilarious and cute! No need for some professional-looking bag, everyone's so serious nowadays..

I'm thinking of getting the same pencil case when I start my DA Ltds collection and use it for my paid assignments..
09-05-2015, 12:50 AM   #7
Site Supporter

I recently searched for a bag that I can put into a rucksack, bike bag or any other bag for every day everywhere transport of my k5 with attached lens plus additional lens and some accessories.

Found a very nice small Crumpler "bag for in bag". I'm very happy with it. It is availlable in two sizes. May also fit for the Q. Got it from Amazon.de.

The original link: Banana Bowl M Black | Crumpler Official Store

On the amazon.de website a nice short video is available: Crumpler BBO-M-001 Banana Bowl M Neopren Universal: Amazon.de: Koffer, Rucksäcke & Taschen

Maybe also a solution for you.
09-05-2015, 04:54 AM   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SyncGuy Quote
Dude... Don't... Change... It!

Seriously! I'll continue using it coz it's so darn hilarious and cute! No need for some professional-looking bag, everyone's so serious nowadays..

I'm thinking of getting the same pencil case when I start my DA Ltds collection and use it for my paid assignments..
Lol thanks. Yes I am keeping it for now. I think pencil cases are good but its hard to find one with padding, most of them are just cloths with zippers but they are almost perfect for Q lenses.

I actually have the limited edition leather for the Q but I don't like using it.

09-06-2015, 03:21 PM   #9
Forum Member

Original Poster
Back again, got a Pelican 1120 Case and it seems it would do a good job as a travel case, and I will use sharky for light travel if I feel only bringing a spare lens or two.

09-07-2015, 11:54 AM   #10
Site Supporter

Love it!
09-07-2015, 01:38 PM   #11

I really like the Lowepro Adventura SH 110 II Shoulder Bag

Lowepro Adventura SH 110 II Shoulder Bag (Black) LP36865 B&H

I cut the 'rain flap' off- it didn't have any storage and only got in the way.
It can fit two Q bodies, seven lenses, extra memory and batteries, remote and even a mini flashlight.

I did put a wider and longer strap on it.

Last edited by Professor Batty; 10-15-2016 at 06:16 AM.
09-07-2015, 01:42 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This fits my Q and Q7 body and all the Q lenes I own (I own everything except the crazy expensive wide zoom). Doesn't look too "camera bag" and is compact. I got it from ebags and added a small Crumpler insert. Works a treat.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/173-general-photography/271744-canvas-bag...g-diy-pix.html
09-07-2015, 02:30 PM   #13
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Professor Batty Quote
I really like the Lowepro Adventura SH 110 II Shoulder Bag

Lowepro Adventura SH 110 II Shoulder Bag (Black) LP36865 B&H

I cut the 'rain flap' off- it didn't have any storage and only got in the way.
It can fit two Q bodies, seven lenses, extra memory and batteries, remote and even a mini flashlight.

I did put a wider and longer strap on it.
I would look into this bag too if I can find another use for the pelican case. My idea was to have something I can stuff inside another bag. My idea was to have a case/pouch that I can put my lenses and then put it in my backpack. Appreciate your help.
09-07-2015, 09:08 PM   #14

I was using one of the old GBA SP backpack cases for a while, then I broke the zipper...

Ebay for one of 'em I had two pretty chunky CCTV lenses in there, as well as a 135mm 3.5 Takumar on the adaptor all in there with no issue.