Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-15-2015, 07:22 AM   #1

Please Pentax - for the Q-T (cutie?)

Dear Pentax

I bought my uncle a Q 2 years ago sight unseen (he cycles a lot and needs to keep weight down). Just recently he visited and I got to play with it. I couldn't put the thing down. It was so dinky and cute and full of features, like a tiny microscopic DSLR. Anyway, blah blah we all know this. I wanted one!!

So for the successor to the QS-1 (Q-T???) how about this: you get rid of the MASP mode dials etc and give us an old-style clunk click interface a la Fuji or a la Minox, with a shutter speed dial, exp comp dial and ISO dial. I seriously think people love that retro look and feel. I do anyway. You could even, shock horror, come out with a couple of new MF lenses with aperture rings, why not? Not that focusing the thing is important. I couldn't get anything out of focus on it at f2.8 already.

So how about it Pentax?

Best

Plooksta

09-15-2015, 07:56 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Interesting points but I think you need to take this over to a similar thread that has been ongoing for a while. https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/136-pentax-q/290550-future-q-whats-your-take.html
09-15-2015, 02:32 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by plooksta Quote
Dear Pentax

I bought my uncle a Q 2 years ago sight unseen (he cycles a lot and needs to keep weight down). Just recently he visited and I got to play with it. I couldn't put the thing down. It was so dinky and cute and full of features, like a tiny microscopic DSLR. Anyway, blah blah we all know this. I wanted one!!

So for the successor to the QS-1 (Q-T???) how about this: you get rid of the MASP mode dials etc and give us an old-style clunk click interface a la Fuji or a la Minox, with a shutter speed dial, exp comp dial and ISO dial. I seriously think people love that retro look and feel. I do anyway. You could even, shock horror, come out with a couple of new MF lenses with aperture rings, why not? Not that focusing the thing is important. I couldn't get anything out of focus on it at f2.8 already.

So how about it Pentax?

Best

Plooksta
The benefit of the current interface is that it is essentially the same as what Pentax uses for DSLR. That makes it easier to those of us who have both - in general I don't have to remember which camera I'm holding - and perhaps it simplifies matters for the design teams in that they can borrow/share between the two products