Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
10-09-2015, 01:26 PM   #1
Forum Member

Auto Focus Macro Extension Tubes

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Anyone had any experience of these - clicky? I'm quite tempted to try them with my 01 lens.

10-09-2015, 02:57 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Compare this post:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/16-pentax-news-rumors/264093-new-auto-ext...ml#post2854960

I don't recall any further reports.

Personally, I prefer using the K2Q OEM adapter with K-mount macro lenses (and extensions if necessary).
10-09-2015, 03:17 PM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Review the normal relationships of 'Working Distance, Focal Length and Magnification' first.

In my experience with these, the only combination that may be practicable is the 10mm tube with the 06 lens at longest FLs. No other combination of native Q lenses which could benefit from data contacts has been practicable.

They are well made and can prove useful as 'dumb' tubes with adapted lenses longer than about 40mm used manually. I'd prefer to have these available like PK rather than PK/A tubes - sans contacts

DIY tubes providing extensions from 1 - 6mm have proved useful in close-up roles with a number of lenses but don't offer the benefits of data contacts. See the Q-macro sub-thread here: The MaQro Qlub!

The 10mmm tube + the 06 is a nice garden set-up with both AF (if you choose to use that) and full AE lens functionality.

Otherwise the longer tubes simply provide closer working distance/minimum focus with tele-macro potential IME.