Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-30-2015, 11:20 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Shopping at Second Hand Stores

All of the bags shown in this photo were procured at different times from the White Dove second hand shop in Scottsdale Arizona.

The two LowePro bags on the sides were purchased for $3 and will easily hold the Q plus a lens or two. The top center Case Logic bag was purchased for $2 and will hold the Q and any of itís lenses plus an extra lens. The LowePro bag on the bottom procured for $3 holds my Q7 and 01 or 02 lens. I like all of these bags because they have belt loops and I can wear them on my belt when out bicycle riding or on motorcycle trips. The Focus bag in the center is larger and was procured for $6. It will easily hold everything for your Q series or a K series camera and several extra lenses extra batteries and lens filters.

The point is that unless you insist on buying new, you can find some really great deals at some of these second hand shops and for the costs you can experiment with different size bags. I have also found legacy lenses and other accessories at reasonable costs in these stores. The proceeds from sales at this particular store benefit the terminally ill and their families. You probably have a similar store in your area.

10-30-2015, 11:41 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I have to visit that store. Thanks for the tip!
10-30-2015, 11:42 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I always check thrift stores for old lenses and bags.
10-30-2015, 01:46 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice Haul! I've got several bags that came with film cameras that I bought for the lens from Goodwill or on ebay. Some are pretty nice that I use, a few throw aways, give aways, and maybe a resell or two.