Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-13-2015, 02:34 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
SR with adapted lenses - how much EV?

My limited experience says that on the genuine Q shake reduction gives about 2 EV with adaptedr telephoto lenses.
Has someone performed some more exhaustive tests on this?

One can also improve this a little with any kind od the grip - I use DIY (left) hand rest when I'm not using my monopod. Then I would say 1/160 is really safe for 100 mm lens.

And one more question am I right that SR works only when I half-press the shutter button and the hand symbol turns into green on lcd (when not in continous SR mode)?

11-17-2015, 10:03 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have, mostly by accident as I use the IR remote for video recording and sometimes forget to switch that feature off... and it seems to be about two stops difference with a steady hand. I suppose that will vary depending on how steady someone's hand is lol

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, hand, lenses, mirrorless, pentax q, pentax q10, pentax q7, q-s1, q10, q7, sr