Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
11-17-2015, 10:57 AM - 2 Likes   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Got my C-to-Q adapter and a CCTV lens

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Got my C-to-Q mount adapter and a CCTV 25mm lens in the mail today. Was surprised to discover this lens has an aperature ring and 12 bladed iris. Also came with a macro ring.

Straight outta Eyefi:

And with the macro ring:

I've played with K mount lenses on the Q7 enough now in some of my street photography so I'm used to MC. The dial ratio is moderate. Doesn't take a lot of turns but isn't so quick that it loses fine adjustment. BTW the lens is annodized aluminum, not plastic. Feels pretty stout. And aperture and focal rings are smooth but wiggle free. All very pleasantly surprising for this China piece. This is the "Fujion" lens kit:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=350780505367

That one is lens + adapter + macro ring, same kit I bought. Looks like they have multiple inventory units for sale, so more than one of you could buy this for the moment. Took a few weeks from China but for thar price and what you get, and the way it seems the lens is performing, it's a damn good deal for any Q model owner. And you can sometimes find this kit with an all black lens if you search around on EBay... silver or black.

This lens seems like it's gonna make a great little prime for this Q7! When I get a chance to go out and take some more shots in various conditions I will update this thread with the pics.

11-17-2015, 11:26 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for posting this. I just bought one!
12-19-2015, 07:03 PM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Suleeto Quote
Got my C-to-Q mount adapter and a CCTV 25mm lens in the mail today. Was surprised to discover this lens has an aperature ring and 12 bladed iris. Also came with a macro ring.

Straight outta Eyefi:

And with the macro ring:

I've played with K mount lenses on the Q7 enough now in some of my street photography so I'm used to MC. The dial ratio is moderate. Doesn't take a lot of turns but isn't so quick that it loses fine adjustment. BTW the lens is annodized aluminum, not plastic. Feels pretty stout. And aperture and focal rings are smooth but wiggle free. All very pleasantly surprising for this China piece. This is the "Fujion" lens kit:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=350780505367

That one is lens + adapter + macro ring, same kit I bought. Looks like they have multiple inventory units for sale, so more than one of you could buy this for the moment. Took a few weeks from China but for thar price and what you get, and the way it seems the lens is performing, it's a damn good deal for any Q model owner. And you can sometimes find this kit with an all black lens if you search around on EBay... silver or black.

This lens seems like it's gonna make a great little prime for this Q7! When I get a chance to go out and take some more shots in various conditions I will update this thread with the pics.
What aperture did you use when taking the picture of the dog? The Depth-of-Field was much thinner than I'm used to seeing with the Q-7. In general are you seeing a seriously thin DoF with this lens??

How does using this lens compare to using the 02? Frankly what I'm most interested in finding is a lens around 4mm but with minimal distortion, because I could always use some wide-angle and the 08 is so pricey.
12-23-2015, 04:47 AM   #4

Original Poster
The aperture stops aren't labelled on this lens. It was wide open for this shot, so that would mean f1.4 if the front lens info is accurate. Yes, it's a very shallow DOF when wide open, and a deep DOF when tightened down.