Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-11-2016, 12:06 PM - 3 Likes   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I May Have Sold a Few Q7's for Pentax

I paid a visit to the Scottsdale Model Railroad Historical Society yesterday and while I was there I gave an impromptu demonstration of how easy it is to take photo's of their HO scale model railroad scenes using the Pentax Q7. The techniques I used are demonstrated on my CWRailman WEB site on the Photographing Models page. A few of the members were watching me and several examined the camera and wrote down make and model information. Today I got an email asking about availability of the Q7 here in Phoenix area and unfortunately I had to direct them to Ebay. Here are several of the images shot during that demonstration. Both were shot at ISO 100 for maximum image quality with the 02 lens set to f8, aperture priority mode with timed exposures accomplished by using the self timer.

02-11-2016, 12:25 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice work!
02-11-2016, 12:52 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Nice. There is also the Q-S1. I'm guessing that it also works similar to the Q7.

Love your site. I grew up around HO scaled train sets. My dad was a big fan. I liked them too. I still have some Athearn locomotives & a bucnh of HO scaled models & stuff. I need to pull them out of storage!
02-11-2016, 01:11 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Very good shots! Next time tell them to order from B&H though

BTW, just checked out your website. Now that's a tutorial right there - two paragraphs of equipment and 2-3 of technique, a few pics to showcase and you're done.

02-12-2016, 04:26 AM   #5

Never mind the Q, but that seems to be a very, very nice model railroad you are running there
02-12-2016, 08:55 AM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks folks. If any of you are interested, you can see more of the images I have taken of this Scottsdale Arizona model railroad Scottsdale Model Railroad Historical Society and click on the header to go directly to the clubs WEB site. They are incorporating state of the art electronics as well as very high modeling standards in the building of their new model railroad which is now about 75% complete. Except for one or two, all of the shots in this Gallery were taken with either my Q10, or Q7. I have just agreed to put on "clinic" (a demonstration) after one of their monthly business meetings to teach the membership how to take such images. Yesterday one of the individuals who had shown interest contacted me and said, based on what he had seen me do on Wednesday, he had just purchased a previously owned Q7 and after it arrives he wants to meet to get some hands on instruction.
02-12-2016, 01:26 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by CWRailman Quote
based on what he had seen me do on Wednesday, he had just purchased a previously owned Q7
That's one in the bag!