Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
02-21-2016, 02:48 PM - 3 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Falling in love with the Q again

I've been lusting after a Ricoh GR II or Fuji X70 for a couple of weeks now. Then I get this out of my Q7 + Super-Takumar 28 mm. Click the photo to go to the Flickr page.

02-21-2016, 03:08 PM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by murrelet Quote
I've been lusting after a Ricoh GR II or Fuji X70 for a couple of weeks now. Then I get this out of my Q7 + Super-Takumar 28 mm. Click the photo to go to the Flickr page.
Nice picture. (did you use the Pentax adapter or a third-party one?)
02-21-2016, 03:15 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I don't often use my Q. I'm in half a mind to sell it. I'm not sure if it has much of an advantage over an iPhone - except I can use the Q, I struggle with the iPhone.
02-21-2016, 03:36 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Nice picture. (did you use the Pentax adapter or a third-party one?)
3rd-party from Fotodiox. I have a bunch of M42 lenses. Nothing newer. So I haven't seen the need to go with the Pentax adapter.

02-21-2016, 03:51 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by p38arover Quote
I don't often use my Q.
As it happens, I've been using nothing but my Q's for the last couple of weeks.
More than adequate IQ, and the versatility of the 06/08 pair, each on their own Q7,
makes for walkabout perfection that would need a bulkier kit to attain in a larger format.
02-21-2016, 05:55 PM   #6
Pentaxian

3rd-party from Fotodiox. I have a bunch of M42 lenses. Nothing newer. So I haven't seen the need to go with the Pentax adapter.
Thanks. I actually do have a real Pentax adapter, plus several from other companies for various different mounts (some day my wife is going to start counting them ...). I'm still trying to get clear in my own mind how much, if any, that leaf shutter contributes to sharpness, which is why I ask that question on occasion.
02-21-2016, 06:40 PM - 2 Likes   #7
Veteran Member

I don't often use my Q. I'm in half a mind to sell it. I'm not sure if it has much of an advantage over an iPhone - except I can use the Q, I struggle with the iPhone.
That seems like a big advantage.

03-06-2016, 09:17 AM - 3 Likes   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've really become a Q7 devotee since I got the Premium Kit. I've been using it for nearly everything.

What's really surprised me is how quickly and completely the Q7 has displaced my "serious" camera, the Olympus OM-D E-M5, despite being inferior in so many specifications. Even after owning it for a couple of years, the E-M5's user interface still befuddles me from time to time. I feel like I've mastered the Q7 pretty well, and it's not going to spring any surprises. I got a Tamron superzoom lens for the E-M5, but it sometimes fails to lock focus, and I don't know who to blame for that. Also, my E-M5 has developed an erratic power connection from the battery. Often it works OK, but sometimes it doesn't. So, the camera either needs repair or replacement, but it's hard to work up the enthusiasm when the Q7 is already doing so well.

Having the entire Q7 kit, including the 01, 02, 03, 06 and 08 lenses in a very small bag is liberating. I never have to wonder which lens to bring with me. Just grab the bag!

I haven't done much with adapted lenses yet. I have the adapter, but I don't have the tripod mount yet. (One is on the way.)
05-09-2016, 04:44 PM - 1 Like   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Tony Belding Quote
What's really surprised me is how quickly and completely the Q7 has displaced my "serious" camera...
Wait a minute!!

I thought my Q WAS a serious camera...
05-09-2016, 06:11 PM   #10

I'm actually looking for two more of the classic ones; There's a ton of people around my local who want one, usually club and show goers; People who do Social Media for bands and the like, because they are less obtrusive at venues. Generally a 50mm 1.4 and the Kit lens, or one of the Wide 6.5mm f1.9 D-mount lenses work well.
05-09-2016, 08:05 PM   #11
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm a recent original Q owner; but I'm having a ball with mine. I absolutely love the tiny size, with big capabilities!
05-09-2016, 08:12 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mothballs Quote
I'm actually looking for two more of the classic ones; There's a ton of people around my local who want one, usually club and show goers; People who do Social Media for bands and the like, because they are less obtrusive at venues. Generally a 50mm 1.4 and the Kit lens, or one of the Wide 6.5mm f1.9 D-mount lenses work well.
See https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/136-pentax-q/319676-k-q-2.html#post3635032
05-14-2016, 01:04 PM   #13
ogl
Banned

Looks like film photo
05-15-2016, 10:00 AM   #14
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Looks like film photo
Thanks. That's the VSCO Film preset. I forget which one exactly. Probably from the 07 pack.

---------- Post added 05-15-2016 at 10:03 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Mothballs Quote
I started with the original Q. Then got the Q7. Willing to part with my Q. PM me if you are still interested.