Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-06-2016, 07:10 PM - 5 Likes   #1
Pentaxian
raider's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Perth, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,931
Yet another bag for the Q - Thinktank Slim Changer

Hello, recently I bought the Thinktank Slim Changer for the Q. I thought I should share a quick and short review here.

I use the bag mainly to carry the lenses so that it is easier to swap lenses in the field. The bag is designed to be fitted onto the usual thinktank belt but I have had good success of using it with the normal belt on my pants. The size is quite compact and not overbearing. Size wise, I find I can fit the Q with Q01 lens fitted, a Q06 and a Q08 lens/Q02 lens. I can't fit ALL the lens into the bag however.

The bag is very high quality. It came also with a raincover. There are 2 small side pockets in front and are just perfect size for a 49mm filter. Very handy in the field.

Here are some photos of the bag.









As a side note, I also have a JJC lens pouch (A$12 from ebay) and it fitted the Q nicely too.





Thanks for viewing

03-06-2016, 10:00 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
UncleVanya's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,503
Nice bag choice.
03-09-2016, 10:18 AM   #3
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: midwest, United States
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,224
Looks ready made for the Q family.
Thanks for sharing
barondla

The Q is fun!
03-09-2016, 10:54 PM   #4
Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 303
Just a quick one Raider, does the lens hood for your 02 lens vignette at the widest angle on your Q-S1?


Mine does & I'm looking for a replacement.

03-10-2016, 03:58 AM   #5
Pentaxian
raider's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Perth, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,931
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by krazykat Quote
Just a quick one Raider, does the lens hood for your 02 lens vignette at the widest angle on your Q-S1?


Mine does & I'm looking for a replacement.
Hi Krazykat, yes...the lens hood for the 02 does vignette at its widest end and yes I am also thinking of replacing it but haven't get around doing so.
03-10-2016, 07:05 AM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Heinrich Lohmann's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Airdrie, Alberta Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,598
A few minutes wit a dremel tool fixed that

03-10-2016, 09:52 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
UncleVanya's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,503
Is that bag a belt bag or a shoulder bag?
03-10-2016, 06:37 PM   #8
Site Supporter
CWRailman's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Photos: Albums
Posts: 495
QuoteOriginally posted by krazykat Quote
Just a quick one Raider, does the lens hood for your 02 lens vignette at the widest angle on your Q-S1?


Mine does & I'm looking for a replacement.


I do not like the hard lens hoods.If you bump something with them they transfer the shock directly to the lens and can do a lot of damage. I much prefer what we call the rubber ducky lens hoods. Besides keeping the sun away from the front lens element, they are adjustable and can be used either in extended position or collapsed. Either way they provide protection for the lens. One other benefit is that they are inexpensive.






03-10-2016, 06:59 PM   #9
Site Supporter
reh321's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South Bend, IN, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,728
QuoteOriginally posted by krazykat Quote
Just a quick one Raider, does the lens hood for your 02 lens vignette at the widest angle on your Q-S1?
Mine does & I'm looking for a replacement.
QuoteOriginally posted by CWRailman Quote
I do not like the hard lens hoods.If you bump something with them they transfer the shock directly to the lens and can do a lot of damage. I much prefer what we call the rubber ducky lens hoods. Besides keeping the sun away from the front lens element, they are adjustable and can be used either in extended position or collapsed. Either way they provide protection for the lens. One other benefit is that they are inexpensive.
So, where could krazykat go to get one of these??
03-10-2016, 08:59 PM   #10
Site Supporter
CWRailman's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Photos: Albums
Posts: 495
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
So, where could krazykat go to get one of these??
The rubber lens hoods are available from many camera stores or via the Internet. Here are a couple currently listed on Ebay.

If you want the 37mm lens hood:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lens-Hood-Soft-Silicone-Rubber-for-Standard-Lens-Photo-diameter-37mm-/371498696071?hash=item567f0c3d87:g:eNYAAOSw8-tWXa92

I use an adapter and use a 40.5mm lens hood because I use 40.5mm filters which fit another camera I have.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lens-Hood-Soft-Silicone-Rubber-for-Standard-Lens-Photo-diameter-40-5mm-/371498696343?hash=item567f0c3e97:g:qFYAAOSwNphWXa-Z#ht_2377wt_733

By the way I have also listed the lens caps I use. I buy them 3-4 at a time whenever I get a new lens that requires a cap size I do not have in stock. It costs them almost what I pay just to mail them to me.The springs on these are great and they hold much better than the original caps.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-DESIGN-37mm-Center-Pinch-Snap-on-Front-Cap-Cover-For-Sony-Lens-Filter-LS-S1-/221864836627?hash=item33a82cbe13:g:LtsAAOSwnDZT3LT-#ht_10048wt_1020
03-10-2016, 10:30 PM   #11
Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 303
QuoteOriginally posted by CWRailman Quote
The rubber lens hoods are available from many camera stores or via the Internet. Here are a couple currently listed on Ebay.

If you want the 37mm lens hood:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lens-Hood-Soft-Silicone-Rubber-for-Standard-Lens-Photo-diameter-37mm-/371498696071?hash=item567f0c3d87:g:eNYAAOSw8-tWXa92

I use an adapter and use a 40.5mm lens hood because I use 40.5mm filters which fit another camera I have.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lens-Hood-Soft-Silicone-Rubber-for-Standard-Lens-Photo-diameter-40-5mm-/371498696343?hash=item567f0c3e97:g:qFYAAOSwNphWXa-Z#ht_2377wt_733

By the way I have also listed the lens caps I use. I buy them 3-4 at a time whenever I get a new lens that requires a cap size I do not have in stock. It costs them almost what I pay just to mail them to me.The springs on these are great and they hold much better than the original caps.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-DESIGN-37mm-Center-Pinch-Snap-on-Front-Cap-Cover...t_10048wt_1020

Thanks for the info CWRailman.


Not wanting to derail the thread further, I was thinking of perhaps some sort of 3d printing with maybe a petal design. Maybe I'll do some research & see what is out there...
03-11-2016, 04:23 AM   #12
Pentaxian
raider's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Perth, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,931
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Is that bag a belt bag or a shoulder bag?
It is meant to be a belt pack for the Thinktank belt system but can also be adapted to fit normal belts for the pants.
03-11-2016, 07:58 AM   #13
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
csa's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Montana mountains
Posts: 8,180
I just bought a Q with the 01 lens from a forum member here! It will be here next week. I was going thru this thread, as I needed a bag for the Q. Embarrassing to say, I went into my closet to get a pair of sandals, and there was a brand new Lowepro Nova Sport -7L AW!! I had purchased it some time ago on a special very low price deal, and had completely forgotten about it! Mine is a bright orange, which I don't mind.

Lowepro Nova Sport 7L AW Bag, Slate Gray LP36722

It is the perfect size for my Q and accessories!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
bag, belt, camera, lens, mirrorless, pentax q, pentax q10, pentax q7, q-s1, q10, q7, size, thinktank
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
yet another Q surprise jimr-pdx Pentax Q 6 09-24-2013 06:59 PM
For Sale - Sold: (Free!) ThinkTank Retrospective 5 Bag Adam Sold Items 2 06-29-2013 07:13 PM
Another Q system bag option baro-nite Pentax Q 24 01-17-2013 12:14 PM
Yet another bag - but how clever is this? Derridale Pentax Camera and Field Accessories 15 05-09-2010 10:58 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:46 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top