Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-06-2016, 02:43 AM - 1 Like   #46
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I got mine on e-bay from eshow.co.ltd. for €25.79, quite a quick delivery actually, it seems to be basically a rifle sight with a foot that fits the accessory shoe, I had to fiddle with the track screw adjustment setting for a few minutes before I figured how it worked, there is a small sheet of "instructions" with it. The off setting is either the Letter R or G once you move it to the numbers it comes on. Not too heavy but it really is a tripod only device. You need a bit of shade on the camera screen so you can see it properly when setting up the sight in the first instance so you can get the sight and screen in alignment.

06-06-2016, 12:50 PM - 1 Like   #47
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Red dot scopes are such a help with adapted tele lenses. They make it so much easier to find the subject with 200mm and up lenses.
06-06-2016, 02:46 PM   #48
Pentaxian

Yes, absolutely...I have the Olympus bridge camera that has the "eagle eye" in built.It works brilliantly, frame the wide angle that you just cant get when you are zoomed up close.that cam unfortunately doesn't shoot raw.

I was tossing up whether to get Olys attachable red dot but at 5x the price of the Chinese ones i'll opt for the el cheapo.
06-07-2016, 12:26 AM   #49
Site Supporter

Original Poster
There are 5 intensity settings on the one I got, I find 3 -5 give the best results, most of my stuff belongs to the el cheapo brand and it seems to work, of course I have only had this a week or two but it seems to work fine so far.

06-07-2016, 01:17 AM   #50
Pentaxian

Thanks, i'll look around and try and get similar.