Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2016, 02:37 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
World Pentax Weekend

Today has been an absolutely lovely day, so when I got an email from here telling me about the "World Pentax Day" {actually a three day weekend starting today}, my first thought was that all cameras, not just all geographic areas, should be represented. South Bend owes its existence - on the St Joseph River {which flows into Lake Michigan and thence to all points north} at the natural point to portage to the Kankakee River {which flows into the Mississippi River and thence to all points south} - as well as its name {at the southernmost point on the river} - to the St Joseph River, so a natural way to tell the story of my home is to take pictures along the river. Thus, I went to a scenic area along the river and took some pictures with my Q-7.

While doing that, I noticed a new family of geese. I didn't have my birding kit with me, but after lunch I came back and took some pictures of the geese also {from far enough away not to disturb the highly protective parents}

Later, I tried to post a picture at the "World Pentax Day" site - the system repeated the eligibility rules to me and told me to re-examine the EXIF data for my pictures, and to contact the site if I still had issues. I still don't know why these were rejected, so I did contact the site, but I thought I could at least share them with people here and encourage other "Q" family members to include Q images in the WPD collection!

Last edited by reh321; 05-06-2016 at 07:54 PM. Reason: better image
05-06-2016, 04:52 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Looks like quite a Spring flow going there. The goose chicks look like they are enjoying some comfort in the grass with the supervision of their mother. Nice pictures.
05-06-2016, 06:33 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice shots, reh.

I too had a problem uploading to the WPD gallery earlier today and posted about it. Adam replied that he'd made a change and then I was golden. You should try again if you have not yet.
05-06-2016, 07:33 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TomTom Quote
Nice shots, reh.

I too had a problem uploading to the WPD gallery earlier today and posted about it. Adam replied that he'd made a change and then I was golden. You should try again if you have not yet.
Thank you. Now it did work.

05-07-2016, 01:20 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Later, I tried to post a picture at the "World Pentax Day" site - the system repeated the eligibility rules to me and told me to re-examine the EXIF data for my pictures, and to contact the site if I still had issues. I still don't know why these were rejected, so I did contact the site, but I thought I could at least share them with people here and encourage other "Q" family members to include Q images in the WPD collection!
QuoteOriginally posted by TomTom Quote
I did eventually receive a reply from PF telling me that they had fixed the problem - apparently they had left in place the screening code from two years ago, which is the last time they did this sort of thing.

I know with absolute certainty that there are people here who produce a much better final product from the "Q" than I do, so again I encourage others to submit entries produced by the "Q' - lets let everyone see what the "Q" can do!

Last edited by reh321; 05-07-2016 at 02:07 PM.
05-07-2016, 04:38 PM   #6

Photos: Gallery
Can anyone put a link in the thread?
05-07-2016, 05:11 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Triggrhaapi Quote
Here is the link for the gallery upload: Pentax Forums Home - Pentax User Photo Gallery - Access Denied

Here is the link to view the gallery: May 6-8, 2016 - Pentax User Photo Gallery

Cheers.

05-07-2016, 05:12 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
There should be a big red one at the top of the page, but this will work also
World Pentax Day Has Started! - Giveaways and Events | PentaxForums.com
05-07-2016, 05:15 PM - 1 Like   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

And here's the new WPD map. It really makes the event come to life, IMO!

World Pentax Day Map View - PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-07-2016, 05:35 PM   #10

Thanks. May flowers take May showers - Pentax User Photo Gallery
05-07-2016, 05:45 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thank you for sharing with us {and you have my sympathy in the passing of your Grandmother}

---------- Post added 05-07-16 at 08:47 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
And here's the new WPD map. It really makes the event come to life, IMO!
World Pentax Day Map View - PentaxForums.com
The map is great - just what we needed!
{apparently we need more members in Africa, though}
05-07-2016, 06:02 PM   #12

Thanks.
05-08-2016, 09:40 PM   #13

Life goes on, quite rather happily.
05-15-2016, 06:59 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Surprised there are no pictures from Japan! Home of Pentax and stronghold of Q sales. Wow.
Thanks for sharing the map Adam.
Thanks
barondla