Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-09-2016, 05:16 PM   #1
Forum Member

Disabling Save Raw Data feature

Hi guys, I am having trouble disabling the Save Raw Data feature on my Q7. I've read the manual and cannot seem to figure out how to disable this feature. I remember the last time I fixed this was I had to reset my camera but I don't really want to do that again.

Any ideas? Thanks.

07-09-2016, 05:38 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Go to "Instant Review" in the record menu and see if there's a checkbox for "save RAW data". if so, uncheck it and the RAW option should disappear during instant review.

In any case, RAW files won't be saved unless you explicitly tell the camera to so while in JPEG mode, and it only works for the last frame.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-09-2016, 07:02 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Go to "Instant Review" in the record menu and see if there's a checkbox for "save RAW data". if so, uncheck it and the RAW option should disappear during instant review.

In any case, RAW files won't be saved unless you explicitly tell the camera to so while in JPEG mode, and it only works for the last frame.
See, this is what baffles me, I thought that would actually do it. But even if I have the RAW option unchecked on the instant review, I still get the option to save the RAW on my last shot. Note, this happens wether I have instant review disabled or enabled.

Do you have a Q7, would you be able to simulate this issue? Thanks.
07-09-2016, 07:54 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by someone902 Quote
See, this is what baffles me, I thought that would actually do it. But even if I have the RAW option unchecked on the instant review, I still get the option to save the RAW on my last shot. Note, this happens wether I have instant review disabled or enabled.

There may not be any way to prevent that setting from appearing in playback mode. If you turn your camera off and on again, it might disappear, though.

Don't have a Q7 to test this with any more

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-09-2016, 08:05 PM   #5
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by someone902 Quote

Why do you want to disable this feature?
It's not doing you any harm.
It saves only JPEG automatically, but would allow you to save a raw version if you were to change your mind.
07-09-2016, 09:33 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Why do you want to disable this feature?
It's not doing you any harm.
It saves only JPEG automatically, but would allow you to save a raw version if you were to change your mind.
It actually affects shot-to-shot time when I am on jpeg mode since it takes time to save the raw data of my last shot. I want to have an option where if I'm shooting outside I can fire shots a bit faster. I know there is a burst mode and I have used that too but I feel get more control on just shooting in single fire mode on certain scenarios.
07-10-2016, 07:04 AM   #7
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
If you're set to jpeg only then the camera is not saving the raw data unless you're pressing the button to save raw data. The only thing I can think of that's going on is that you have your instant review set too long. Try turning instant review off or to one second if you feel you need a brief look. I'm going off of my Q Classic but I don't think this feature is that different in the Q7. I hope that helps.
07-10-2016, 11:09 AM   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster
So after reseting my camera, I am mistaken as this feature is always on, the instant review checkbox only enables you to access the feature when you have instant review turned On. It doesn't disable to feature itself.