Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-17-2016, 08:43 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Question on original Q

I was going to change the focus to "center point"; and found that on the Q, this appears not something that can be done. On both places where you "should" be able to change the focus point, it is not highlighted, so cannot click on it to change.

Am I missing something?

07-17-2016, 09:28 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I am not sure where you are looking. In the main menu go to AF. You will be presented with a number of options with center spot at the bottom. Also if you push the info button you get the screen which allows you to change a number of camera options. I have not picked up my original Q for a long time so I thank you for prompting me to do so. Perhaps you are looking for something other than the center focus?
07-17-2016, 10:09 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hav you tried going to info button then selecting the focusing option? If your on the 25 point just use the dial and change the focusing size.
07-17-2016, 10:29 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
I was going to change the focus to "center point"; and found that on the Q, this appears not something that can be done. On both places where you "should" be able to change the focus point, it is not highlighted, so cannot click on it to change.

Am I missing something?
Go in the control panel, highlight the AF point option (center, middle row), and change it to spot.

You'll want the rightmost setting:

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-17-2016, 10:34 AM   #5
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Adam, the middle block, second row is also "blanked out"; not able to click on it, nor "AF" o the left of it. This block appears to show a face; but unable to click to change it! Also, the first block is blanked out.
07-17-2016, 10:37 AM   #6
Pentaxian

I'm assuming a native Q AF lens is on the camera?
07-17-2016, 10:38 AM   #7
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Yes, the 06. I bought this used, so assume the original owner tweaked the settings, but I don't know what to do, to get these blocks highlighted, so I can use them to change the settings.

07-17-2016, 10:56 AM   #8
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
When I go into the Menu; Focus Settings, the first two are not highlighted, therefore cannot be adjusted:

Focus Settings

Focus Method (This shows AF)
Autofocus Method.
07-17-2016, 11:04 AM   #9
Pentaxian

If you bought the Q used, start with a factory reset. Update the firmware -- the original might not recognize the 06. Also check the firmware for the lens itself (it has its own firmware), don't remember if the 06 had an update or not.

EDIT: Looks like the 06 was added w/ firmware v 1.10 (latest version is 1.14), no lens firmware updates (only on the 01 & 02)

Last edited by vonBaloney; 07-17-2016 at 11:13 AM.
07-17-2016, 11:25 AM   #10
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
If you bought the Q used, start with a factory reset. Update the firmware -- the original might not recognize the 06. Also check the firmware for the lens itself (it has its own firmware), don't remember if the 06 had an update or not.

EDIT: Looks like the 06 was added w/ firmware v 1.10 (latest version is 1.14), no lens firmware updates (only on the 01 & 02)
This situation is also with the 01 lens. The camera has the latest firmware update.
07-17-2016, 11:29 AM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Adam, the middle block, second row is also "blanked out"; not able to click on it, nor "AF" o the left of it. This block appears to show a face; but unable to click to change it! Also, the first block is blanked out.
Switch out of auto/green mode

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-17-2016, 11:35 AM   #12
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
forehead slap Wow, thanks Adam! That corrected it.
07-17-2016, 11:46 AM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

And there's a lot of options that may become blanked out if the User Mode knob is in an unintended position too.
07-17-2016, 01:54 PM   #14
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
:forehead slap: Wow, thanks Adam! That corrected it.
Sheesh... I've *never* done *that*!...
07-17-2016, 01:57 PM   #15
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Sheesh... I've *never* done *that*!...
None that you'd admit to!