Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-19-2016, 06:35 AM   #46
Senior Member




Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 160
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
It puts a smile on my face.




Agree that.

08-19-2016, 07:56 AM   #47
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 20,057
Truth told, my Q7/01 gets more use than anything else, mostly because it is in my briefcase.*


* For a long time the MX-1 was in that pocket, but one day the battery died, so that evening I put the Q7 there and it just stayed.
08-19-2016, 12:53 PM   #48
Pentaxian




Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hamilton, Texas
Photos: Albums
Posts: 645
QuoteOriginally posted by ebk Quote
when Pentax stops the producion an d selling
the Q and a lot of people have bought
lenses and q's it is a dammage financial for
the buying people and is Ricoh Pentax reliable
when the make new design camera's ?

can customers get their money back ?
Sure, you can get your money back. That's what eBay is for. I can just imagine now. . .

RARE DISCONTINUED PENTAX Q7 CAMERA!!!!! RARE COLLECTOR ITEM!!!! MINTY!!!! L@@K!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally, I'd rather just keep mine and keep on using it.
08-19-2016, 01:48 PM   #49
Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South Bend, IN, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,880
QuoteOriginally posted by ebk Quote
when Pentax stops the production and selling
the Q and a lot of people have bought
lenses and q's it is a damage financial for
the buying people and is Ricoh Pentax reliable
when the make new design camera's ?

can customers get their money back ?
Watch the shut down of Samsung's camera operation if you want a likely view of what shutting the "Q" family down would look like.

08-20-2016, 10:33 PM   #50
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: L.A. County, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 307
I still use my Q7 to take pictures of food and when I don't want to lug around a DSLR. Also, my non-Pentaxian friends still use their Qs for vacations and when they don't want to carry around their Nikons.

I've been thinking about picking up a Q-S1 before they get phased out just for a backup body because I would hate not to have a camera like the Q around.

Using a small, interchangeable lens system has its advantages. For one thing, I love how the Q is a tiny DSLR in terms of control. I can't control the aperture, shutter speed, etc. on my smartphone.

Another reason I love the Q is because of the versatility afforded by an interchangeable lens system. One thing I like to do with my food shots is take a picture of the restaurant/site so people can get the idea of the ambiance, and then take a more detailed shot of the food with the 01 lens.

08-21-2016, 02:23 AM   #51
ebk
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: utrecht
Posts: 87
QuoteOriginally posted by Tony Belding Quote
Sure, you can get your money back. That's what eBay is for. I can just imagine now. . .

RARE DISCONTINUED PENTAX Q7 CAMERA!!!!! RARE COLLECTOR ITEM!!!! MINTY!!!! L@@K!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally, I'd rather just keep mine and keep on using it.

Ricoh Pentax had to admit:


sorry we made a mistake by selling the Q.


we give the Q users a rare discount by buying new Ricoh Pentax stuff.


at this way you keep your customers happy.




---------- Post added 08-21-16 at 12:06 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by mamba909 Quote
I still use my Q7 to take pictures of food and when I don't want to lug around a DSLR. Also, my non-Pentaxian friends still use their Qs for vacations and when they don't want to carry around their Nikons.

I've been thinking about picking up a Q-S1 before they get phased out just for a backup body because I would hate not to have a camera like the Q around.

Using a small, interchangeable lens system has its advantages. For one thing, I love how the Q is a tiny DSLR in terms of control. I can't control the aperture, shutter speed, etc. on my smartphone.

Another reason I love the Q is because of the versatility afforded by an interchangeable lens system. One thing I like to do with my food shots is take a picture of the restaurant/site so people can get the idea of the ambiance, and then take a more detailed shot of the food with the 01 lens.
nice taken pic's.
the pic's prove the Pentax q's are as good as dslr pic.s
08-22-2016, 06:40 AM   #52
Senior Member




Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 160
Original Poster
I don't understand the whole taking photos of food thing.
08-22-2016, 07:18 AM   #53
Pentaxian
johnmflores's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Somerville, NJ
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,104
QuoteOriginally posted by oscaletrains Quote
I don't understand the whole taking photos of food thing.
That's ok. Some people don't understand O scale trains.

08-22-2016, 01:07 PM   #54
Site Supporter
CWRailman's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Photos: Albums
Posts: 503
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
That's ok. Some people don't understand O scale trains.
WHO doesn’t understand O scale trains?? Where are they?? We have the technology and can fix them.

Last edited by monochrome; 08-22-2016 at 02:08 PM.
08-22-2016, 02:08 PM   #55
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 20,057
QuoteOriginally posted by CWRailman Quote
WHO doesn’t understand O scale trains?? Where are they?? We have the technology and can fix them.
On3 Rules*



* ducks
08-22-2016, 03:44 PM   #56
Site Supporter
CWRailman's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Photos: Albums
Posts: 503
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
On3 Rules*

* ducks
AH!!! From the home of the Narrow Gauge convention.
08-22-2016, 04:06 PM   #57
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 20,057
QuoteOriginally posted by CWRailman Quote
AH!!! From the home of the Narrow Gauge convention.
Yeah!! More than once in the last thirty years.

My interest is DRG Sapinero through Lake Junction to the turnaround loop at Lake City, CO, 36 miles and right at 1000' of elevation change. 11 bridges and trestles, but only a few line side features so selective compression works well.

My wife's great-great-grandfather was a town father and mine owner there, and is interred in the Odd Fellows cemetery. Photography was supposed to be for the railroads, like yours.

I never got much beyond looking, and the to-scale layout plan. Probably I'll scratch build the Depot - and then we'll see what happens. A quality brass On3 K-27 (if you can find one) costs more than a K-1 + the Holy Trinity. (Wouldn't it be fun if a K-27 actually ran the branch?)

Now, back to your regularly scheduled Q programming.

Last edited by monochrome; 08-22-2016 at 06:00 PM.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
advantage, camera, crop, dslr, excitement, lens, mirrorless, pentax, pentax q, pentax q10, pentax q7, phone, photos, q-s1, q10, q7, qs1, series, series love, stuff, tripod
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Falling in love with the Q again murrelet Pentax Q 13 05-15-2016 10:00 AM
Misc Some Still-Lifes from my Single in February series Rense Post Your Photos! 10 02-10-2015 04:47 AM
K3 flip mirror issue still exists? Maksat Tutan Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 3 05-05-2014 07:37 AM
I still love my K-5 mepaca Pentax K-5 8 04-13-2014 03:41 PM
Why I still love Pentax bkpix Pentax K-5 21 02-04-2012 05:33 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:37 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top