Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-25-2016, 07:50 AM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Nice to see that you took the time to get these with the Q's. All very nice, and excellent coping with contrasty sunlight and shadow lighting. I have to imagine, though, that the same shots with the K-3 are even more fabulous.

Why do you have Q-S1 in addition to Q7? They are identical except cosmetically unless you've found some secret. I'm crossing my fingers that a new, more robust Q-body is on the drawing board at Pentax.

09-25-2016, 01:07 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jva59 Quote
Absolutely gorgeous, Heinrich!
Thank you for the kind comment

QuoteOriginally posted by Marktax Quote
Nice to see that you took the time to get these with the Q's. All very nice, and excellent coping with contrasty sunlight and shadow lighting. I have to imagine, though, that the same shots with the K-3 are even more fabulous.

Why do you have Q-S1 in addition to Q7? They are identical except cosmetically unless you've found some secret. I'm crossing my fingers that a new, more robust Q-body is on the drawing board at Pentax.
Thank you for the kind comments, the Q7 has a rather high shutter count and the Q-S1 came along at an attractive price, sooo............ besides that it does autofocus in video mode.

QuoteOriginally posted by Professor Batty Quote
I can’t speak for Heinrich (and his magnificent images speak for themselves) but I also have a Q-S1 and a couple of Q-7s. I bought the Q-S1 first, on a whim (and at a very good price) and liked it so much that I bought a Q-7 body as a back-up (also at a great price.) Besides being able to auto-focus the 01 and 02 lenses with video, they are basically the same in function. The Q-7 is much more comfortable in my hand than the Q-S1 is—the hard edges on the Q-S1 IR port are not pleasant and the Q-S1's model dials are to easier to turn accidentally. I usually keep the Fish-eye on the second Q-7 body.
Thank you and I do agree that the Q7 is easier to hold but one gets used to the Q-S1. If I'd come across a well priced Q 7 I'd probably buy it.