Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-27-2016, 08:47 AM   #16
Pentaxian

I really love pics one and three as well. May I ask where they were taken? It looks like a road I want to drive.

10-27-2016, 08:59 AM   #17
Veteran Member

I am sure theres room for more in that bag. You should bring a mini-tripod at the very least. Maybe a normal sized tripod also.
10-27-2016, 09:36 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great shots!!
10-27-2016, 10:24 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kwb Quote
OMG what have I become?
Pick from the list below:

- The Photog
- A really good photog - very nice shots above. Quite remarkable what you have accomplished with a relatively small sensor camera.
- Da Man (or Da Woman, if that fits)
- A photography enthusiast
- A leader and example provider
- A collector of gear?
- Experienced
- More fun

10-27-2016, 11:52 AM   #20
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
That's a Borg telescope! I don't see one of those very often.
Pretty cool to be packin' a telescope in your regular kit!
10-27-2016, 11:26 PM   #21
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thank you all for your interest and encouraging comments! Let me respond to many in this one post.

Thanks makkan, inexpensive, lightweight and optically good fisheye might be a strength of Q system.
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I never did see that hawk again, but having the Q-7 kit with me caused me to go to work with added enthusiasm each day.
reh321, I can totally relate to your story.
And since I started carrying my Q7, I think I started to appreciate things around me more, I mean birds, bugs, pebbles, roadsigns, landscape, that kind of stuff.

DeadJohn, yes that's a BORG, the smallest and the least expensive one with fluorite objective. I've never met another BORG user. And kayakfari, yes it's compact! That and the optical performance were the major reasons why I bought it. Besides, I met with Ted Ishikawa of Astro Hutech (US distributor of BORG) and he's a cool guy. (No financial tie, just a satisfied customer.)
QuoteOriginally posted by rangercarp Quote
May I ask where they were taken? It looks like a road I want to drive.
rangercarp, these were shot around a facility called LIGO Hanford Observatory in Washington state, USA. Google and you'll find where it is. If you drive over here and if you're interested in the observatory shoot me a PM!

And finally to all who suggested what I have become, it seems like I've become happy, crazy, and more fun.
What's an enQuaist, surfer? If it's a happy thing I'm in!

Thank you all again!