Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
11-03-2016, 02:27 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tony Belding Quote
OP/TECH Accessory Pack, available in 8-inch or 11-inch sizes.

OP/TECH USA 8" Accessory Pack 4901002 B&H Photo Video

OP/TECH USA 11" Accessory Pack 4901012 B&H Photo Video

Compact padded cases with small compartments for those tiny lenses.
+1 on this. I recently bought the 11" pack and I find it to be extremely versatile. The only minor niggle I found was the thin central Velcro strip in the middle (long) dividers. I grabbed some 3M industrial strength 2" wide x 4" long Velcro strips from Walmart and stuck them in and now I can position the central divider wherever I want.

11-03-2016, 02:44 PM - 1 Like   #17

Photos: Gallery
I use a ThinkTank Slim Changer to carry my Q7 with 01 standard Prime, 06 Telephoto zoom, 03 Fish-eye and 04 Toy Lens Wide.
And its also room enough for a 08 Wide Zoom if I ever decide to buy it. Which I probably will.

---------- Post added 03-11-16 at 11:06 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by CarlG Quote
^ now i'm really curious.
QuoteOriginally posted by narual Quote
probably gave great advice for a larger body like BigRed above, then realized he was posting about a Q

I guess it is my post you are talking about. I was editing my original post for spelling mistakes. Somehow I manged to post a new post instead of editing the first one. Trying to fix that I ended up with an empty post.
Yes I know, I could have edited that one but coffee break was over and I didn't have the time. My plan was to delete it and write a new one later. Which I did not find out how to do. So I wrote" please delete" hoping an admin would do so.

This is how the post was meant to be.

The original post is now deleted

Last edited by hypernotactive; 11-03-2016 at 03:23 PM.
11-03-2016, 04:31 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BigRed Quote
I carry way too much all the time.
Tell me about it. I have a 12¾” W x 17¼” H x 7½” D backpack and I keep it stuffed full of lenses and stuff far too often.
11-04-2016, 12:20 PM   #19
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by makkan Quote
I normally just hang my Q + 01 over my shoulder using the neckstrap whenever I go outside, easy and convenient. However I just ordered the 02 + 03 so from now on I'm going to want to carry more than one lens as well. Are there any small affordable pouches that fit the Q lenses? I've seen the original leather case, and as nice as it looks it's a bit expensive. I'd rather save that money for the 06 or 08 eventually.

What's your solution, store bought or DIY I'm interested in seeing them all.
Makkan, there is a small real leather Pentax case it was made for the old pemtax optio cameras. Check on Amazon and put :"pentax soft leather case". It's a perfect size for Q with 3 or 4 lenses. It has a zip top, belt loop, and shoulder strap. They sell for about $5.00US to $14.00US. I'm sure there are some other Q owners here that know which optio case I'm talking about.
hope you can still find it
George

11-04-2016, 08:04 PM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by NYNOIR Quote
Makkan, there is a small real leather Pentax case it was made for the old pemtax optio cameras. Check on Amazon and put :"pentax soft leather case". It's a perfect size for Q with 3 or 4 lenses. It has a zip top, belt loop, and shoulder strap. They sell for about $5.00US to $14.00US. I'm sure there are some other Q owners here that know which optio case I'm talking about.
hope you can still find it
George
You mean this one?

I used this for at least a year; typically I would put the Q7+01, 02, 06 in the bag, then put extra batteries in the front pouch and hang it from my belt.
As you can see, the zipper had issues, so I had to use a {pink} paperclip to repair the zipper.
I've largely stopped using it because I couldn't come up with a good way to stuff my compact Hoodman into it also.

Last edited by reh321; 11-04-2016 at 08:47 PM. Reason: add image
11-04-2016, 10:01 PM - 1 Like   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
You may have seen my solution earlier in the latest acquisitions thread.It was an answer for carrying two or three DA LTD pancakes plus a K3 body in the most minimal package when you can't source one of those original pentax cases.
11-04-2016, 11:27 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
You mean this one?

I used this for at least a year; typically I would put the Q7+01, 02, 06 in the bag, then put extra batteries in the front pouch and hang it from my belt.
As you can see, the zipper had issues, so I had to use a {pink} paperclip to repair the zipper.
I've largely stopped using it because I couldn't come up with a good way to stuff my compact Hoodman into it also.
That's from the Optio MX I think, at least mine is. The Panasonic GX-1 with a pancake lens fits along with a spare battery and a vf-2 viewfinder and spare sd card.

11-05-2016, 01:53 AM   #23
makkan

Thanks for all the suggestions! Keep 'em coming as I'm still looking for the perfect solution for me.
For starters I bought two of these. They're 5 cm high and 8 cm in diameter made for a Go Pro Hero 4 Session IIRC.
Found them on ebay for about $1,5 each.
The Standard Prime and the Fish-eye won't be a problem but the Standard Zoom might be too big.
I'll report back once I get them.

11-05-2016, 11:48 AM   #24
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One zip-close sunglass cases accommodate 02 and 06 zoom easily for me.

I use another one for 01, 03 and one C-mount lens. Unlike zooms, these lenses are tiny, can (and do) rotate in the case and the lens barrels are scratched somewhat, it's not a huge issue to me but I wish I had separators inside.

Edit:
Arjay, I like your solution! I'll try some DIY separators for my sunglass case.

Last edited by kwb; 11-05-2016 at 11:57 AM.
11-05-2016, 01:49 PM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
That's from the Optio MX I think, at least mine is. The Panasonic GX-1 with a pancake lens fits along with a spare battery and a vf-2 viewfinder and spare sd card.
The bag is a PTX-L80. Nearly impossible to find now as far as I can tell. I don't know if these came with the mx or if they required a separate purchase.
11-05-2016, 02:17 PM   #26
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
The bag is a PTX-L80. Nearly impossible to find now as far as I can tell. I don't know if these came with the mx or if they required a separate purchase.
Using Amazon's "Your Orders" look-back capability, I discovered that I purchased mine from a company called "Portable Guy" via Amazon on December 23, 2014 {just after I received the Q-7}, totally separate from anything else ... but it is now listed as "Currently Unavailable".

Last edited by reh321; 11-05-2016 at 03:33 PM.
11-05-2016, 02:22 PM   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Using Amazon's "Your Orders" look-back capability, I discovered that I purchased it from a company called "Portable Guy" via Amazon on December 23, 2014 {just after I received the Q-7}, totally separate from anything else ... but it is now listed as "Currently Unavailable".
I picked mine up from my dad's junk room a few month ago with the mx. The mx is not something I need or want but the case is great.