Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 14 Likes Search this Thread
12-29-2016, 02:16 PM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by Professor Batty Quote
The "diffraction limit" is not a brick wall, going a little above it can greatly improve edge performance. You can usually use f4, and can often go higher with minimal loss of resolution. Here is a MTF chart showing various Pentax 110 lenses adapted to MFT: http://erphotoreview.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Pentax110_Lenses_MTF20.jpg, note that the "partway" performance is equivalent to edge performance on a Q.
That is the "theoretical" limit. I haven't done my towel test yet to see where it actually occurs, which I did on MFT and found it to be anything above f/5.6. In any case, I'd need to pixel peep the RAW files to see where it's really at.
As for the MTF chart, it's known to us MFT people that the 110 lenses do better stopped down, and are anywhere from slightly (primes) to a lot (20-40 zoom) faster than f/2.8 with no external aperture.

And yes, there's a lot of stuff in that 02 lens. Putting the shutter in there certainly gives a lot of flange distance to work with on the camera when using some C-mount lenses that protrude (intrude?) a lot.

01-01-2017, 06:15 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
/i bought the original ! when it first came out and sold it after 6 months as I had the Q, GXR and a K5 back then. InApril of 2016, I bought back a Q 2nd hand from another owner which was in NEW condition as it was never used. Last month I managed to get a 06 lens on the cheap with a Q10 and 02 lens.

GBA is getting bad for me.