Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
06-28-2017, 01:21 PM - 1 Like   #46
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
They are still available at Amazon japan. Hard to order though as I don't understand the typing! Anyone tried?
Hi Pål,
I've had amazon.co.jp ship some items (but not a camera) to my place in the US. I'm a Japanese so I use amazon.co.jp as is, but you can change the language to English. First go to the top page:

Amazon | ?, ??????, ???????? | ????

Scroll down all the way to the bottom and you'll see a small globe icon next to the flag of Japan (red circle in a white rectangle). Click on the globe and a select box shows up, select EN, and you're done. See attached.

Thing is, not everything is translated, most notably the name of the items. You can search for PENTAX Q-S1, but you need to know that e.g. ダブルズームキット means "double zoom kit". (It's confusing right now, because double zoom kit is cheaper than the standard zoom kit.)

Good luck, if you need more information, let me know.

Attached Images

06-29-2017, 11:16 PM   #47

QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
Just styling.
Two more differrences:
1. Q-S1 has AF during movie recording.
2. (The most important for me) when you take RAW shot with Q-S1 in format other than 4x3 (for example typical postcard 3x2) you get RAW shot cropped to selected format. But with Q7 you get RAW shot from native full 4x3 sensor (with only "virtually" cropped) and you can still fine tune the region to 4x3 -> 3x2 cropping on RAW editor. In Q-S1 it is impossible
So I prefer Q7.
06-30-2017, 01:21 AM   #48
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
They are still available at Amazon japan. Hard to order though as I don't understand the typing! Anyone tried?
Just order them from e-bay: pentax q-s1 in Digitalkameras | eBay
07-03-2017, 08:35 PM - 2 Likes   #49
Veteran Member

Gone from Europe it seems.

The Q-system seems to be a great teleconverter. Imagine it with the FA* 200/4 macro!

What is the difference between the Q7 and the Q-s1?

I got my Q-S1 from Amazon Japan (and a genuine hood for the 02 lens that doesn't vignette on the Q7) and it was easy. I ended up inadvertently signing up for Amazon Prime, but I managed to cancel for free.