Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-10-2017, 12:57 PM - 3 Likes   #1

Photos: Gallery
Figuring out macro with the Q7

Long story short, I have used my Q mainly for astro work. Because of the sensor with high pixel density and ability to change lenses. I have, in the back of my mind, planned to also test out the macro or micro posibilities. I found some dead insects in my basement, and started doing some tests. I'm slowly getting my project under way, and I'm amazed over the clarity of the files the Q produces. I don't do focus stacking, because I have no need for it. My project lies elswere. And I have a ton of reasons for doing this in black & white also, but that is a very technical part of this exercise. This image is a spider husk only just 3mm long. The body of the creature is under 1mm. I just hope this image shows all the details. Well, it doesn't. But close enough. I have planned this for for some time now, how to do it, how to set the light and everything. And I'm happy to say it turned out perfect. The image is razor sharp at 4000x3000, and no noise. Yeah!

---------- Post added 02-10-17 at 09:04 PM ----------

For more images with better resolution and tech info, go here Macro!: Pentax Compact Camera Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 
02-10-2017, 01:07 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
nice thinking with the Q for macro, would you like to share how you setup?
02-10-2017, 01:50 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks! Setup and tech info is in the link above the image.
02-10-2017, 02:50 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
oops

Note to self , don't ask silly questions without reading all of the post ........