Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-19-2017, 11:51 AM - 1 Like   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
First sunny day out with the 02 lens.

These are all with the underrated 02 Standard Zoom. I have found that the Lightroom profile over corrects for vignetting on the 02. There is a firmware update for the 02 that I need to download yet. As with the 06 I have found I prefer the Jpegs over some of the RAW files.

Jpeg straight from the Q.

Raw file, the Jpeg file could not quite recover the highlights. Although the Jpeg was still useable the Raw file is easier to work with in these situations.

Raw file with distortion corrections added.

It may not be the sharpest lens but it can certainly get the job done.

Another Jpeg straight from the Q.

02-19-2017, 11:55 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice series. Do do the firmware update, it helps.
02-19-2017, 02:36 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You make the 02 look awesome! That spider is creepy. Except for the hard to replicate art filters, I prefer the Raw files. Have you tried the included Silkypix editing program? Years ago I compared it to Adobe, and found the Raw conversions to look different.

Thanks for sharing
barondla
02-19-2017, 04:07 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by blackcloudbrew Quote
Nice series. Do do the firmware update, it helps.
Thank you, I guess I better download the file then.

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
You make the 02 look awesome! That spider is creepy. Except for the hard to replicate art filters, I prefer the Raw files. Have you tried the included Silkypix editing program? Years ago I compared it to Adobe, and found the Raw conversions to look different.
Thank you, I use Lightroom for most of my editing. These were all ran through lightroom. I have never used the Silkypix program. I have been using Lightroom since version 1.

02-19-2017, 05:53 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In my experience, the default import settings of Lightroom are bland. They aren't really meant to look good, but it's a neutral starting point for your adjustments. The things you can do with the DNG files are nearly unlimited. I bought some Replichrome film presets for LR and use them a lot. They can make your photos look like they were shot on Kodak Ektar, or Portra, or Tri-X. . .
02-19-2017, 06:35 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I never use the default settings in Lightroom. I have my own Presets that I have created over the years. I have a lot of the Topaz Plug Ins as well. I have never tried any of those presets. Ektar and Porta, those bring back memories. Tri-X really brings back the memories of me hogging the bathroom in high school to develop my film.