Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-21-2017, 05:07 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just discovered the green button was customizable..

Well, in that you can have it lock AE. BLOODY PERFECT!

Gord I've been doing it the hard way for so long! It's literally a new camera.

*goes and hides in the corner now*

You see I've been fiddling. I've been tasked with photographing one of our ensembles at work, and I'm prepared to go cra cra and just take the Q now. It's gonna be a 12 hours day, I don't want to carry a DSL, what with student roles, and med kits, and gord knows what else.

Can't believe I didn't find that setting earlier.

04-21-2017, 08:37 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You can also 'lock' exposure in M-mode.

A looong time ago it was common practice to pre-meter two or three anticipated situations and set exposure as required by the immediate situation.

Especially in highly complex lighting conditions as indoor sports or stage scenarios where TTL metering can be twitchy owing to constantly changing background lighting a well thought out pre-set exposure can produce consistently repeatable results.

Examples: A athletic field where the camera tracking angle rapidly moves from shadow to sunlit but the main subject remains in constant light or when the subject remains in the spotlight as you pan the stage. The averaged TTL-metered scene can change quite a bit.
04-21-2017, 01:55 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Yes true, and actually it's not that fiddly as aperture is controlled via the AV button... ah suppose it ain't that bad.
04-21-2017, 06:47 PM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Ah the this little dude is adorable. His first time marching "sniff". We had to put a set of straps on a pair of hi-hats so he could carry them.

ADORABLE!

04-24-2017, 10:51 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Ah well the kids were just great. And running around with the Q once more was a pleasure.