Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2017, 09:23 PM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by Abbazz Quote
I don't understand why there isn't any reasonably priced LCD viewfinder that you could attach to the flash shoe and connect to the HDMI port of the camera. The only ones I see are designed for video shooting, are rather bulky because they are based on 3.5" LCD screens and are also very expensive.

I would like something like the accessory LCD viewfinders that complement the mirrorless cameras lacking a built-in EVF (like the olympus vf-2 for example) but with a standard flash shoe mount and a HDMI connector. Maybe someone has successfully hacked one of these?
Answering my own post here.

I just checked and there is no HDMI live view on the Q (all models up to Q-S1). As soon as you connect an HDMI cable to the camera, it switches to Play mode and there is no way to switch it back to Picture Taking or Video mode without unplugging the HDMI connector. So, it's a bummer and we're stuck with the 3" rear LCD.

• Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, hoodman type device, mirrorless, pentax q, pentax q10, pentax q7, q-s1, q10, q7, type