Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-12-2017, 11:57 PM   #1
Forum Member

How to view Q digital filters settings after shooting?

I was going through some old Q jpegs, that I shot using digital filters, and I was trying to figure out which filters I used. So, I loaded up Pentax Digital Camera Utility 4 and took a look at their metadata, but all the images say “—“ under “Digital filter”. Then, I shot a new picture, with a filter applied, and loaded it up. Same thing: “—“ under “Digital filter”.

So, what gives? Does version 4 of the software not read/display this info? I don’t remember what version the camera came with, unfortunately.

Thanks!

06-13-2017, 06:41 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Are you using the same PDCU that came with the Q?
I remember some time ago a thread that the PDCU that comes with Q does not offer full functionality for some DSLRs, and the one that comes with DSLR doesn't offer everything for the Q. Which is weird and confusing, but it might be the problem here.
Other than that, you can take a raw photo and then simply go through all the possible filters to see which one it resembles the most
06-13-2017, 01:22 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
IIRC not PDCU but "Q" version of SilkyPix 3.0 was supplied with the (first) Q. Maybe this software san help? I do not have it installed as I found later versions of PDCU great to work with Q DNG files.
06-14-2017, 03:47 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Are you using the same PDCU that came with the Q?
I remember some time ago a thread that the PDCU that comes with Q does not offer full functionality for some DSLRs, and the one that comes with DSLR doesn't offer everything for the Q. Which is weird and confusing, but it might be the problem here.
That sounds about right. I’ll see if I can track down the original software that came with the Q and see if that works. Thanks!