Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-15-2017, 09:54 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
flip bac angle viewer on a Q body.

Anyone use a flip bac on their Q body for macro or anything else? I have owned one for years and never used it. Thinking it is time.

It is basically an angled mirror that attaches to the sides of the Q's lcd.
Shoot from the hip!

Want to try some very low level macros with the Q and #03, #05. Hope it helps compose the shot.

Thanks
barondla

08-15-2017, 11:26 AM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Anyone use a flip bac on their Q body for macro or anything else? I have owned one for years and never used it. Thinking it is time.

Shoot from the hip!

Want to try some very low level macros with the Q and #03, #05. Hope it helps compose the shot.

Thanks
barondla
Hi barondla,
somewhere in the Pentax forums there is a post about the flipbac mounted to a Delkin 3" flip up shield. It seems the poster ingeniously mounted the flipbac to the delkin LCD shield,cover. This way the flipbac could be removed and also reversed for viewing from above or below. If you use the flipac by itself it cannot be removed once it's mounted. I can't find the post in the search mode. Maybe some other member saw it and could track that post down for you to look at. It actually looked like a good setup. Hope you can find it or maybe someone will direct you to the post. I thought about doing it but I'm basically just too lazy.
George
08-15-2017, 11:49 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote

Shoot from the hip!

Thanks
barondla
I had one on my Q-7 for awhile - it wasn't as useful as I had hoped, and I didn't mourn any when it came off on its own